Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged [Merged topic] Kunena Web Site: What Joomla extensions are used at this website (Kunena.org)?

More
15 years 1 month ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1 by scandaloustruth
I really like the modules/components you are using for the Kunena web site, especially those under the Community menu. Can you list the components and modules you are using?
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FieldRep1
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #2 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:Kunena Web Site
Hi,

While we don't endorse any 3rd party apps we are using here is the basics:

The site is currently very vanilla Joomla 1.5.x and we are working on a more integrated better looking design. As far as components we currently run very little: Kunena Forums (of course) and jomSocial (for the Community pages)

Integration between these two is very similar to our available Community Builder integration. That was part of the reason we chose it - so we had to integrate it and offer it as another option.
You should definitely check out both. Either one offers great functionality.

In addition we run some backend module to support our developer community but we are not sure how this will look in the mid to longer term future.

Hope this helps!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by fxstein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HowAboutPrague
More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by scandaloustruth
Replied by scandaloustruth on topic Re:Kunena Web Site
Thanks!
More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by aluher
Replied by aluher on topic Re:Kunena Web Site
maybe a stupid question, but the add-banners in this forum... how do you do that? is it in kunena? of an external app. I like to use it on my own forum...
More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by fxstein
aluher wrote:

maybe a stupid question, but the add-banners in this forum... how do you do that? is it in kunena? of an external app. I like to use it on my own forum...

It's Kunena 1.0.8 pre release build couple with the Joomla 1.5 banner system. We will release this quickly to the community.

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by aluher
Replied by aluher on topic Re:Kunena Web Site
fxstein wrote:

aluher wrote:

It's Kunena 1.0.8 pre release build couple with the Joomla 1.5 banner system. We will release this quickly to the community.

woot!!

thanks!!
More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #7 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:Kunena Web Site
I would like to make a few suggestions for www.kunena.com - Website:

1. Missing the logout button on "Community"
2. "Cast your Votes" is placed on "Home"(page) and looks like adsense, perhaps a Navigation Button in Top Menu makes it popular?
3. Like I wrote in other thread, a Navigation Button Groups could help to find the groups
4. The user goalevi proposes the installation of the jomsocial modul " HelloMe " and
the Active-Groups Modul
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Lintzy. Reason: Active Groups Modul
More
15 years 1 month ago #8 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:Kunena Web Site
Sorry, but I am not sure: Did you detected these suggestions?
More
15 years 1 month ago #9 by monteslu
Replied by monteslu on topic Re:Kunena Web Site
Lintzy wrote:

I would like to make a few suggestions for www.kunena.com - Website:

1. Missing the logout button on "Community"
2. "Cast your Votes" is placed on "Home"(page) and looks like adsense, perhaps a Navigation Button in Top Menu makes it popular?
3. Like I wrote in other thread, a Navigation Button Groups could help to find the groups
4. The user goalevi proposes the installation of the jomsocial modul " HelloMe " and
the Active-Groups Modul

I'd also add that the thumbs up should be done on an ajax call instead of a page refresh.
More
15 years 1 month ago #10 by fxstein
Thanks a lot for all these suggestions. We are working hard on 1.0.8.

Once it is complete we will install new add-ons and test new settings.

Thx!

fxstein

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds