Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #71 by MarkBoy81
Replied by MarkBoy81 on topic Re:Groups
If you need groups in order to restrict permissions to certain boards and you're using the bare Joomla! access control list, then no more group can be created: what you have to do is assigning users to one of the preexisting groups (Registered, Author, Editor or Publisher) and assign those groups to the proper boards.

Else you can consider some Joomla! addons which expand its basic access control list, for example NoixACL.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #72 by Cerberus
sozzled wrote:

The short answer is that the feature did not make it into K 1.5. There will be no new features added to K 1.5.

Kunena 1.6 is currently in development. Perhaps this is something that might make it into K 1.6 if there is user support for the need. From what I've seen, this looks like a "dead duck" to me. :(

QUACK lololol
More
14 years 1 week ago #73 by damsella
I need to be able to do this too.
More
14 years 1 week ago #74 by Cerberus
ACL ( access control lists ) are not availible in joomla 1.5 ( and yes i mean joomla not kunena) but i have read that they will be availible in joomla 1.6 and until they are availible for joomla the kunena team can not add them as from what i understand they wouldnt work.

Although ACL plugins and components are availible from the JED website but i can not tell you how well they work as i have not used them myself.
More
14 years 1 week ago #75 by darksoul
It's tru that joomla 1.5 not use ACL control list... But how it works on agora forum???
More
14 years 1 week ago #76 by Cerberus
i would not know you would have to ask the people at agora forums...
More
14 years 1 week ago #77 by z0z0
Is it possible to set up two registered level classes that would be "Red Team" and "Blue Team".

Users join one team and then can see forums only for that team - so Blue team can see blue team forums (and general forums) while Red team can see Red team but not Blue team forums.

Thanks
More
14 years 1 week ago #78 by Cerberus
this would require ACL ( access control lists ) and this feature is not yet availible for kunena or joomla currently but it is be added to Joomla 1.6.
More
14 years 1 week ago #79 by sozzled
A long time ago one of our members wrote a great article/tutorial about how to "extend" Joomla user types and how Kunena could leverage these additional types. Although I have never attempted the idea myself - and the user who started the topic has not been seen around here for a long time - you might find it worth your while. Joomla ACL Hack for user groups + Kunena Inherits the groups without any modification!

I suspect some of the links may be defective. If anyone would like to repair and update the details I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate your help. :)
More
14 years 1 week ago #80 by BeTheDance
Replied by BeTheDance on topic Re:User Goup Privileges
I appreciate the fact that it makes total sense to integrate user groups with the upcoming J1.6 ACL features.

However, I have use cases where I want more granularity of user groups when it comes to forum control and forum permissions.

Honestly, I do not want have to depend solely on groups and permissions that I configure for my CMS to be equal to how I manage my forum. It's going to add overall overhead to my CMS management that is just for tweaking what can happen on the forum.

I'm currently managing a big board in vBulletin and will be importing all of those users into this new forum. I do not want to add complexity in CMS groups and permissions just to accommodate forum permissions.

Also, realistically, after Joomla 1.6 stable is released (maybe this year some time?), how long are most of us going to have to wait for all our mission critical components to catch up to stable releases in such a way that they will all talk to each other? Another 6 months? That puts serious use of Kunena with user group permissions into 2011 some time.

Couldn't you come up with some solution of User Group Management for Kunena that will allow for Joomla's 1.6 ACL, but not be totally dependent on it? Couldn't your User Group Management be it's own solution that once J1.6 comes out, you can incorporate it, but your user group management allows for a finer definition? That way you could get it in sooner rather than later and we don't need to wait for the perfect time when we are ready to upgrade existing complex community sites to J1.6?
Time to create page: 0.497 seconds