Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
14 years 8 months ago #21 by Matias
We are currently working on ACL in Kunena. Some of the features will work only in J!1.6, but there are parts that will be available also in J!1.5.

What do you need?
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 8 months ago #22 by kroby
I need to be able to create hidden/private categories and forums, and assign permissions to them based on groups. It would be an added bonus if groups could have the ability to be nested into other groups similar to how security groups work in Active Directory.

In fact, it would be great if all of Joomla were like that. If Joomla had Xoops type permissions I would be in hog heaven. But I think that is a bit beyond the scope of Kunena.

Kunena looks promising; I will keep my eyes open for updates.

Keep up the good work,
Kroby
More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #23 by Matias
This is our goal. We are also integrating GroupJive and Jomsocial groups support for Kunena (actually they come first).
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Matias.
More
14 years 7 months ago #24 by dmwalk
I would also like to see the ability to add private groups/forums in Kunena in 1.5. I'm surprised you are working on integration first before the native ability. In my opinion, it's much more important to have the ability to have groups in Kunenea than to integrate. If it is not implemented in Kunena in the near future, we will have to go with phpbb3.
More
14 years 7 months ago #25 by saravana
Replied by saravana on topic JomSocial very usefull
Jomsocial is a very featured one
More
14 years 7 months ago #26 by Netto
I'm very interested for integration with GroupJive. For me it is important, that a Kunena-Group is really closed for non-members. Of course (for me) it would be great if the membership is managed by GroupJive....

Is there a timetable when will the next Kunena release come?

Jens.
More
14 years 7 months ago #27 by Matias
Kunena 1.5.5 should be out within few weeks. It will have GroupJive groups (the changeset has already been committed), but may lack similar integration with JomSocial.
More
14 years 7 months ago #28 by Harjinder_Kaur
By the changeset with GroupJive I hope you mean that Kunena will have the ability to limit access to certain forums without giving people access to the website itself.
For Example I'm setting up our first forum which is private, we would like to give people access to the forum without having privalages to our website (being able to make changes to it etc.)
More
14 years 6 months ago #29 by HRT222
Well since Joomla 1.5 stops Kunena from selecting multiple user group access for a forum category (eg "Registered" and "Author"), why not make it possible to multi select specific users who can enter a forum category. Docman and PhocaGallery uses this feature - eg in Phoca, I can choose two people to only have access to the special gallery..no other registered member can except those 2.

Of course the other way could be to use passwords but I prefer the above method incase users share the password. Also, it would be cool if I can choose two user groups to have access to a forum category in the very near future if its not a problem for Joomla. Didn't Fireboard allow this?
More
14 years 6 months ago #30 by betteryouthanme
Hey,
Yea this would be great for our clan site too, so not everyone who register can read all posts.. (so to difference between clanleader, members and registered users)

But if Jooma 1.6 comes out this "user groups" will be fixed so you can create your own user groups? Or I got wrong informations?

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Time to create page: 0.640 seconds