Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

• Nerd-Ctrl
  • Visitor
14 years 1 week ago #101 by Nerd-Ctrl
Replied by Nerd-Ctrl on topic Forum Posting rights
I have a site where we review and post news about software.

We use the forums for discussion on the topics, to not clutter up the Joomla front end.

What we need is an option for:

Moderators/Administrators - Create and post in threads

Members - NOT able to create threads in some sections, but able to post in those said threads

Hope this is possible! ;)
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 1 week ago #102 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Forum Posting rights
please next time use the search button as this has been disgussed many times before.

J1.5.15 and K1.5x do not yet support ACLs ( access control lists ) and that is what you are going to need for what you are trying to do but in J1.6 and K2.0 (long way off) ACLs will be added so that restrictions can be better added to who can see and access each catagory of the forum.
  • Nerd-Ctrl
  • Visitor
14 years 1 week ago #103 by Nerd-Ctrl
Replied by Nerd-Ctrl on topic Re: Forum Posting rights
I wasn't aware that this was a problem. I didn't know exactly what to look for.

I'm a new member here, you expect me to search it when I've been here for a couple hours? What nice support I'm getting /sarcasm
More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #104 by Cerberus
Ok one thing IM ONLY A USER HERE, i choose to help so you and other users get a quick answer to issues and id assumed the fact you are new didnt mean you were stupid and unable to use a search button and fact i did the search for you with your own topic and found this.

www.kunena.com/forum/144-hacks-tricks-an...n-start-topics#45473
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Cerberus.
More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #105 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Forum Posting rights
G'day, Nerd-Ctrl, and welcome to the forum. :)

Yes, your subject has been discussed before. Unfortunately there is no solution to your situation at the moment. I am moving this topic and merging it with an ongoing discussion that other people have contributed to so that you will see what ideas have been canvassed in the past.

We understand that, for many of the new users here at www.kunena.com , English is not their native language and that may make it difficult for them to search these forums for what they're looking for. What some people may see as crass stupidity is actually only their unfamiliarity with the language. I hope you'll accept our apology if you got the idea that we think our users are stupid. :laugh:
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by sozzled.
  • Nerd-Ctrl
  • Visitor
14 years 1 week ago #106 by Nerd-Ctrl
Replied by Nerd-Ctrl on topic Re: Forum Posting rights
Thank you, sozzled.

Cerberus just slapped my face, and I came back with a punch. :P

I guess I'll just have to delete any threads they make in certain sections. If they can't read, that's their fault. :lol:

I have a bunch of friends that will help me with the moderation, so it won't be that hard.
More
14 years 6 days ago #107 by Cerberus
again your logic is flawed nerd-ctrl guess you wont even learn.

have a nice day.
More
14 years 6 days ago - 14 years 6 days ago #108 by Rollmodl
sozzled wrote:

forum = category

We don't talk about "forum" any more.

I think this idea has been discussed many, many times. It's not scheduled for implementation in K 1.6.

Aaaawwwww :(. Its so easy for someone to register just to gain access without participation. I think in Joomla 1.6 you will be able to create new user groups. The new groups should hopefully reflect in the forum access. This may be another way around this issue.
Last edit: 14 years 6 days ago by Rollmodl.
More
14 years 6 days ago #109 by sozzled
Rollmodl wrote:

Its so easy for someone to register just to gain access without participation. I think in Joomla 1.6 you will be able to create new user groups. The new groups should hopefully reflect in the forum access. This may be another way around this issue.

Yes, there's a very easy way around this issue: you decide who has access to your "restricted" forums.

See Setup permissions and categories for special groups - it needs to be rewritten (forums = categories) but the general principles apply.
More
14 years 5 days ago - 14 years 5 days ago #110 by MarkBoy81
sozzled is right imo: you decide who can access a category and who cannot.
If you're using AlphaUserPoints, basing category access on user points might induce users to "spam around" just to get points; manual access management solves the whole problem. :)
Last edit: 14 years 5 days ago by MarkBoy81.
Time to create page: 0.776 seconds