Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
14 years 11 months ago #11 by azraf
Hi bakafox, thanks for your suggestion. I also thinks that this could be a huge boost up the popularity over other forum solution. And surely this is a very useful feature to admin a forum.
Hope kunena developer team will find a way to add this features in near future.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 11 months ago #12 by Matias
We already know how to do this, but we are lacking both time and resources to do everything. :(

I still believe that we are making good progress. Kunena 1.0.10 was our last legacy release and K1.5.1b is already pretty stable. After that we can focus on the cool stuff. :)
More
14 years 10 months ago #13 by jarri
i'd like this one :o

i have 1 forum for discussionbot made topics only and i dont want anyone starting other topics there. all registered can reply to join in the discussions about the articles.
More
14 years 10 months ago #14 by Lord Zedd
Replied by Lord Zedd on topic Password protected forum
Hello,

I can't believe this isn't suggested allready but I did a search and couldn't find anything!

I think it is ia must to have the option to create a password protected forum! Since Joomla 1.6 is coming soon, it would be usefull to have a password protected forum or that you can appoint which usergroups have the rights to visit a certain forum.

If you're thinking about it, administrators and moderators use at a lot of forums talk in a seperate forum area.

If this is possible allready, please explain this to me because that would be so great and I really would like to know how to do that.

Well think about my suggestion.

Regards,

Lord Zedd
More
14 years 10 months ago #15 by grumblemarc
Uservoice.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: m-amin
More
14 years 10 months ago #16 by Lord Zedd
What do you mean with that? Can you be a bit more clearer than writting one word?
More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #17 by xillibit
Hello,

for this can you please use uservoice it's a special thing for the feature request, if the idea doesn't exist create a new one else vote for an idea which already exist: kunena.uservoice.com/pages/11439-kunena?referer_type=top3

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by xillibit.
More
14 years 10 months ago #18 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:Password protected forum
Perhaps, there could be a way to use this for forums too?

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...riction/3072/details
More
14 years 10 months ago #19 by stephenoutram
To add: a private password-protected forum where only allocated users have access and can see the posts. The forum's 'users' are selected in the backend.
More
14 years 9 months ago #20 by kroby
Something Kunena is lacking is the ability to create user groups, and then limit forum permissions at a granular level. Joomla's ACL has always been quite limited in my opinion. You are going to need to compensate in order to provide the same features of the larger boards.

Does this look like a possibility for the future, or should I just bridge and hack something like phpBB into my site?
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds