Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
14 years 4 days ago #91 by Cerberus
J1.6 = I dont know you would need to ask at the Joomla forums

K1.6 = Very soon they are almost at the beta/alpha test stage of this release.

K2.0 = long distant future ( but devs will hopefully start adding ACLs to Kunena versions before this release when J1.6 is released )
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 4 days ago #92 by sozzled
G'day, Vlad, and welcome to the forum.

I love what you've done with your extra groups. As Cerberus says, there's not a lot that you can do to achieve the results you're looking for in "vanilla-flavoured" Kunena 1.5. The only suggestion I can make, at this time, is for you to read K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first and, particularly, look at Forum Setup, Permissions and Forums for special Groups to see if that helps.
More
14 years 4 days ago - 14 years 4 days ago #93 by beat
This is a good feature request for Kunena 1.6, 1.7 or 2.0 indeed.

Something that we are interested in for upcoming GroupJive 2.0 too.

---

I would just like to remember that this is already available now with Kunena 1.5 when using CB and CBSubs with included CBSubs content integration plugin. Such an use-case is included in CBSubs's documentation.

Protecting the correct url parts, when user presses the NEW TOPIC or REPLY button, he is proposed automatically a subscription upgrade, if available for him.

CBSubs is managing its own ACL system, without any Joomla hack or tables changes, that would avoid you having to add levels. And it works fine with free plans too. Even for backend-controlled-only ones.

The CBSubs use-cases are in the CBSubs manual in the use-cases chapter. If you have any questions, you can ask on CBSubs forum at joomlapolis.com and our team will try help you.

Beat B)
CB Team
Last edit: 14 years 4 days ago by beat.
More
14 years 4 days ago #94 by Vlad the Impostor
Oh really?

I did look through the CBSubs documentation (I've just started using that), but that was another part of the puzzle that sent my head spinning and so I must've missed that part.

Well heck! That'll do it, for the moment at least :)
Thanx Beat
More
14 years 4 days ago #95 by Vlad the Impostor
Thanx Sozzled,

It was another one of those "I don't know, but this looks like it ought to be right", so nice to hear from someone "in the know" that it's not completely outlandish.

Looks like I've got the solution I need with CBSubs, but I'll look at the docs you recommend too.

Thanx again
Vlad
More
14 years 2 days ago - 14 years 2 days ago #96 by Briner
Replied by Briner on topic How do i create user groups
and also how do a make a section available to only this groups.

I.E.: Private team talk that is only available to 1 team
Last edit: 14 years 2 days ago by Briner.
More
14 years 2 days ago #97 by @quila
More
14 years 1 day ago - 14 years 1 day ago #98 by Rollmodl
In forum Public Access Level in the backend, though it's possible to have forums visible to certain groups, can you go further by limiting it based on Jomsocial user points or forum rankings? It's too easy for someone to view the assigned forum just by registering. The point system will make them participate in order to view an assigned forum.
Last edit: 14 years 1 day ago by Rollmodl.
More
14 years 1 day ago #99 by sozzled
forum = category

We don't talk about "forum" any more.

I think this idea has been discussed many, many times. It's not scheduled for implementation in K 1.6.
More
14 years 1 day ago #100 by woonydanny
yeah i know its not planned anytime soon, but would be a super cool feature to have

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Time to create page: 0.467 seconds