Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Loved The great "Thanks to All Kunena Developers" thread

More
15 years 1 week ago #21 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:Kunena has won for me.
Many thanks for all the feedback.

We appreciate the fact that you like it, as well as that we are being kept honest and on top of our game by all the insight we learn every day from working with the community. We have big plans, lots of work to do and we want to see this community grow.

The good news is that most of the bugs reported to date have already been fixed in our internal dev builds, there is still plenty of work to be done, but I feel confident that 1.0.10 as well 1.5.1.b are only weeks away. And yes, we will shoot for separate days next time around... B)

Meantime we are getting better organized. We are getting tons of help from our moderator team, who will be driving some very good improvements into the support structure of our site and the overall team structure.

Above all things, we want everybody to feel welcome here. We want this to be a place where any question can be openly asked without fear or regrets. Having a solid component is one part of the game, having a strong community that welcomes new members is even bigger.

We are ways from perfect, not even close to where we need to be. Please be patient with us while we all learn and make our own mistakes. We want to encourage our users to discuss any topic, ask any question and we ask our community to show patience as well. Lets come together to help each other and remember that this is about sharing.

Some of us happen to be developers and our give is useable code (more or less... ;) ), others are moderators, users, helpers, translators, or just somebody that happens to stop by. We want all of you to feel welcome.

Together we can make this a truly big success story.

Again - Thank you very much for being part of our community and for all the feedback that you guys provide.

Have a great day!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #22 by Freestyl24
I just want to add my approval and support of Kunena. I migrated from a phpnuke and phpbb2 site and my users are starting to really like all that Kunena has to offer. I look forward to the future of Kunena and all it can be. I like that fact that the Devs are here and listen to feedback. That can only make for a better end user experience. So please be sure that all your hard work is appreciated! I have no idea what it takes to produce forum software like this but be sure all your efforts are valued. So keep up the great work!

More
15 years 1 week ago #23 by partners
Replied by partners on topic Re:Kunena has won for me.
hi, I have downloaded kunena on my site, but now I cannot use the functions that came with kunena, like I can not make text bold or put any smileys, it doesn't show the symbol but just shows the text representation of it:( .please help

More
15 years 1 week ago #24 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Kunena has won for me.
partners wrote:

hi, I have downloaded kunena on my site, but now I cannot use the functions that came with kunena, like I can not make text bold or put any smileys, it doesn't show the symbol but just shows the text representation of it:( .please help

Well, Kunena hasn't won it for you, has it? :lol:

What version of Kunena? Have you ever used Kunena before? Don't ask for help if you've installed the K 1.5.0a version - it's only to be used by experienced users. If you've installed that version you need to uninstall and then install K 1.0.9. If your problem occurs again, and you can't find help by searching the forums, please start a new discussion topic under a more appropriate category. Thanks :)

More
14 years 11 months ago #25 by MartinRuthenberg
Replied by MartinRuthenberg on topic Thanks for Kunena
I'd like to express my recognition for what the Kunena team has reached in such a short period of time. As I am a non professional I don't know much about software development. But I did watch this forum and the support you provide. And for me Kunena already works much better than Fireboard ever did. So in my opinion you are doing a very good job, giving me the feeling that I can trust in the future of Kunena.

Thank you :)
Martin

More
14 years 10 months ago #26 by JBHawaii
Replied by JBHawaii on topic Thanks Kunena Team
I just want to say thanks for all the hard work from the kunena developers, moderators, and community contributors. You guys & gals have been doing a phenomenal job with this project. I notice there are a lot of posts here about some bugs and what not, But I wanted to recognize the positives in the whole project. Keep up the excellent work Team Kunena!

A Big ALOHA! & Mahalo! From Hawaii.

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 10 months ago #27 by ajdorsey
Replied by ajdorsey on topic Re: Thanks Kunena Team
Agreed, you guys have done an Amazing job!

The installation of my forum was simple and flawless, I haven't run into any bugs yet, but will keep things monitored.

Truly r-evolutionary for the Joomla brother and sisterhood.

More
14 years 10 months ago #28 by terrence klaverweide
Yes! Thanks a lot. It looks slick and works like a charm to top it off! Our webguy just upgraded from the Beta without problems...

Great work, and many thanks!

More
14 years 10 months ago #29 by Karl-Heinz
Replied by Karl-Heinz on topic Re:Thanks Kunena Team

PHP: 5.2.9
MySQL: 5.0.51-log
Joomla: 1.5.22
Kunena: 1.6.1

More
14 years 10 months ago #30 by ph-jps
Replied by ph-jps on topic Re:Thanks Kunena Team
Kunena Team thanks!

I think a lot of people will be very pleased with this great forum component. :)

Time to create page: 0.603 seconds