Kunena 5.1.13 Released (21 Jul 2019)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.13 [K 5.1.13] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Loved The great "Thanks to All Kunena Developers" thread

More
10 years 6 months ago #11 by Lintzy
JerryLeeLewis wrote:

ja läuft nur nicht bei jedem

I had written my thoughts in german language, because i am not able to write this exactly in same way in english (and i know fxstein will understand it). But we should not forget, that in this thread we are in english speaking forum. Sorry to all about this progression, i have started.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #12 by Bartcelona
Thank you! (now get some sleep) ;-)

Small reminder for when you wake up from much needed rest... Kunena.com is missing some links to templates and extensions for Kunena. I am sure this will come soon, but just wanted to point it out.

Also the JED Extension Specific has not been updated either yet to reflect Kunena instead of Fireboard

Thanks again for all the hard work!!

More
10 years 6 months ago #13 by johnnydement
JED people contacted and asked us if we wanted a category like that one, we asked for it, but seems this kind of things may take a while... will reask for it though...

Fireboard one doesn't need to be revamped as kunena, kunena is afork of FB, but not same thing ;)

More
10 years 6 months ago #14 by Admata
Indeed!

Thank you very much :cheer:

Two months away I was quite sure that I have to seek another forum software. Now I dont. I appreciate the hard and good work you guys have done :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #15 by Gary
I am wondering how we can help the Kunena effort? I am having an SEF Advance extension written and also a phpBB 3.0 converter. Unless you sell those then you still do not get paid for all your hard work?

Maybe donations?

Some sites make money on the extensions, so perhaps you can sell those?

More
10 years 5 months ago #16 by woonydanny
Just wanted to say a big thankyou to fxstein, matias and all the devs and contributors to Kunena, esp the 1.08 version.

I was running FB1.05RC2 and my site was grinding to a halt and my servers struggling massively but now after upgrading to Kunena 1.08 several weeks ago my site has been running smoothly and more importantly quickly since. My community are very happy with the massive performance improvement and I can't wait to see what the next version of Kunena brings :)

I have a little admin module installed that measures server load, and previously with my FB installed it was constantly showing figures in high single and sometimes low double figures like:
Server Load: 10.20 - 12.02 - 9.37

When it was like this my site was practically frozen and would take like 10 minutes to open a thread.

Now i can have about 100 members online and the forum is still lightning quick and the server load figures are very low single digits and alot of the time below 1. Like:
Server Load: 0.35 - 0.28 - 0.27

So the performance improvements in K1.08 were great and sure did the trick :) So thanks once again for your continuing work.

If only i can now fix my drop-down categories issue :S

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
10 years 5 months ago #17 by randelld
I have a site using Joomla1.x.x and fireboard. I am currently trying convert to J1.5. Due to fireboard being removed from the joomla extensions I decided I'd go for one of the big forums and got a phpbb bridge.

However, Administering PHPBB is not simply by any means. I for one feel that administering the site is enough work and phpbb just added a lot more stress to the process for me. Personally, I prefer to spend my time working on my site and not administering my forums.

I feel that Kunena is going to be my forum of choice. It is clear and tidy, it is simple for my users to move around and use.

If any of you have looked through the alternatives available for your Joomla sites, you must see that Kunena has to be the choice forum addon.

If any devs out there are looking for a project to get behind I'd say jump on the kunena bandwagon and make this component the only choice for a simple Joomla forum script.

More
10 years 5 months ago #18 by spacereactor
Good for you. Kunena load much fast than fireboard. Now everyone is waiting eagerly for the native version and you be more impress by than.

More
10 years 4 months ago #19 by Matias
Drop-down categories issue has been fixed for 1.0.9.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #20 by sozzled
After waiting for two weeks for the dust to settle, after all the confusion because of the simultaneous release of K 1.5.0a (which far too many people downloaded), I felt confident enough to upgrade to K.1.0.9. Huge success! Massively huge success. You can all bask in my warm glow! :laugh:

Aside from having to reapply a couple of minor customisations that I wanted, and uploading the smiley images that were overwritten during the upgrade, everything went wonderfully.

... until tomorrow, maybe? :blush:

Note to the Kunena development team: I'm available to give testimonials and provide "independent" references if you like. My rates are very cheap. ;)
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds