Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Question "Let users edit the subject" suggestions

More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by Ratman
Hi @ all.

First let me thank all the contributors for this great component. I am using it since many years for various projects regarding my hobbies. At the moment I oprerate a small forum regarding watches and watch accessories at roguewatches.de (mainly german users).

Me and my two moderators are a little bit unhappy about the handling of changes on topics. At the beginning we had set the "Let users edit the subject" to yes, because on some heavily frequented topics sometimes it seems to be necessary to chnage the topic. But this got weird, because it sometimes messes up the forum totally. Imagine someone creates a new topic called "Topic A". As long as noone changes the topic, all answers carry the same "Topic A" topic. But if someone changes the topic to "Topic B" for some reason, it all gets messy. if someone answers to "Topic A", his answer is also carries also the "Topic A". Some others answer to "Topic B" and so on. All this happens while the topic itself stil stays on "Topic A".

Now imagine what happens if (for some reason) a moderator changes the topic itself to "Topic C"...

This was the reason we decided to set the "Let users edit the subject" option to "No". But now even moderators or (super)admins can not edit the topics. So if I have to edit a topic, I have to go to the backend, set the "Let users edit the subject" to "Yes", edit the topics and change the edit-option back to "No".

Let me tell a small example why it can be necessary to change the topic of user-posts: I have created a "Marketplace" category with sub-categories for offers and searches. With the "Let users edit the subject" option set to yes, all users could create new topics like "[SALE] PARNIS Sub" or something like that. If the item has been sold, the user could change the topic to "[SOLD] PARNIS Sub". Now that we have set the Edit-option to "No", this is no longer possible.

Long speech, short sense... Here are my suggestions. Maybe they make a little bit sense...
  1. Would it be possible to allow topic changes for moderators, even if the global option is set to "No"?
  2. Would it be possible to allow/disallow topic changes for specific (sub-)categories?

Please ignore my suggestions if it has been discussed in another post before. I did perform a search, but did not find anything related. Hope someone has a good idea for this.

Kind regards and keep up the great work,
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds