Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Solved Please restore the ability for forum members to set the topic icon

More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by sozzled
As the subject of this topic states, this is a request that members of the forum should be able to set the topic icon when creating a new topic and for the original poster to be able to change the topic icon, including the ability to mark the topic as solved.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
Sorry, I won't change this. The moderators are in control for the solved label.
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
I am sorry that you have remove the feature from K 5.0—a feature that has existed in Kunena for the last 6 years, a feature that is used in other forums (including the Joomla forum (based on phpBB), and other native Joomla forum products (e.g. Chronoforums, EasyDiscuss, etc.) where the users of the forum can set (and change) the topic icon (as well as the forum moderators).

This is an important feature of internet discussion forums.

Not all topics are questions and the users who create topics ought to be allowed some degree of flexibility in deciding how their topics should be "categorised". By allowing people to choose how their topics should appear, this shows respect for people as responsible, mature, reasonable people. By removing this feature, this means that [basically] the forum is reduced to a "question and answer" interchange between one person and the moderator(s) instead of a free-flowing interchange of information with the rest of the community.

810 wrote: Sorry, I won't change this. The moderators are in control for the solved label.

For others reading this topic, please note that I did not mark this topic as solved. The decision about whether this issue has been solved was taken by the moderators without consultation with the person who started the topic. This discussion is not about the "solved label" as you've characterised it; you have misunderstood the subject matter. This topic is about whether people can choose any of topic icons that were available in previous versions of Kunena.

If this is now how Kunena now operates then I cannot recommend it to the forum communities with which I am involved.

Kunena has enjoyed a remarkable success as being " the only forum/discussion solution for Joomla that is community driven " and this latest decision seems to conflict with that objective.

I would request (because I am only a humble, ordinary user here) that this topic should not be marked as solved until other members of the community are able to have their say. If it were within my power, I would humbly request that the community should be permitted some further say and input on this subject—perhaps you could run an opinion poll to gauge support for and against this view. In any event, by removing the ability for ordinary participants in a K 5.0 forum to set the topic icon, limits one's ability to choose, to express one's opinion on a subject (even if that opinion is wrong or misplaced). In my humble opinion, this is an important part of managing a community, to show respect for the views of the members of the community. Instead, removing this feature shows that the different opinions, views and aspirations of the members of the community are not being given their due respect; it demonstrates, rather, that the forum is simply a one-sided management by a team of people who have their own views and those views cannot be challenged.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by 810
@Michael the feature is on K5.0. But we have disabled it here on the site.
More
7 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled

810 wrote: @Michael the feature is on K5.0. But we have disabled it here on the site.

In that case, please mark this topic differently because, in my opinion, it is not "solved" to my satisfaction. What were the reasons for taking this decision? Was there a problem with how the forum operated previously? I think there should be further discussion involving the rest of the community, wouldn't you agree?
More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by 810
Why do you want icons, users are picking 80% the wrong icon.

This is a support forum, no discussions or open forum, where you discuss everything. We want a clean interface, so icons are disabled. You can see on the label the status, so no different as before.

About this topic label, the answer is given that we don't change it back. So this topic is no further action necessary.

You are not in the team, so there is nothing to discuss.
More
7 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
I was merely providing feedback. If you don't want the community's feedback then we won't offer it.
More
7 years 7 months ago #8 by 810
Feedback is welcome, but I said that we won't change it. Then you give wrong information. so I will close this topic.
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds