Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Question vBulletin vs Kunena for big communities

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #1 by Sammy
So I'm running a fairly large website with 100k+ users and I have come to a point where I'm asking myself if I need to move to vB.

My reasoning:
- Kunena cannot be migrated completely into any other forum software
(so if it fails for whatever reason, then you are stuck)
- Kunena is missing some important features that advanced users need (approving uploaded files, disallow posting of URLs ect.)
- Also my Site kind of relies on user uploads and downloads and vB seems to handle those generally better.

Am I being unreasonable?
Will Kunena integrate the features I'm looking for in the future?

I'm setting up the vBulletin right now... it's not too late. I really LOVE Kunena, but I just don't see it being able to support the community I want to build right now.

Am I wrong?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Sammy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shimei

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by Shimei

More
9 years 4 months ago #3 by enki
To Sammy : hope you'll read me. I'm curious to know what you have done. Still on Kunena?
I have a large community on VB (+30000 members) since a lot of years but VB is dead.
My developer think it would be better to migrate to kunena because it can be used with easy social to have more interaction with the website and the community, what is not possible with a forum like VB or another forum.

Probably if you just want a forum today solutions like Xenforo are very good, but what my developer say is that if you want to have also a website and develop some scripts that will be use by community kunena is a good solution because possible to use it with easy social.

I don't know Kunena and dont know what is the real difference with VB.
I can^t continue with VB so I'm a bit afraid to move the community on kunena..
Would be nice to speak with someone who really know very well both solutions and know also eays social that could offer things that other forums don't have.

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds