Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Question Why not install language files into the system language folder?

More
10 years 3 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
I noticed that when installing Kunena component, it will install its language files into the /components/kunena/language folder, both frontend and backend, instead of the system /language and /administrator/language folders for languages.

Why?

I think language files should be grouped together in the system language folder. Though Joomla can load language files in the extension's folder, but the system language folder should be the default/primary selection.

Hope Kunena team will change this method.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled

baijianpeng wrote: I think language files should be grouped together in the system language folder. Though Joomla can load language files in the extension's folder, but the system language folder should be the default/primary selection.

Thank you for your feedback and opinions. I will make sure that the development team members see this topic. For your information, the change that you hope to see will not be made in K 3.x.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #3 by Mortti
If I remember right the Joomla! dev team recommend this for all 3 party extensions years ago (I have asked this from Matias). But if you do "normal" language pack what install /language and /administrator/language folders that overwrite all so it's quite simple fix...

Maybe Matiss have a time to give right answer the question.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Mortti.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds