Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Question What is new in K 3.1?

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by xpatman
Hi
Maybe a simple question but, just want are the NEW features with K 3.1 ?

I read that K 2.0 will no longer have and support in August 2013 and the Kunena team is focusing all efforts in connection with K 3.1 which is expected to occur later this year but probably not before October.

At the moment I am VERY pleased with the way the forum is working, no errors, no lost postings, as we say "It does what it says on the Tin"

Looking at this forum I can see so far 3 pages of 'Need help' questions and over the years almost every time I up grade I need help, so my question is What is so new ? besides the General improvements to the source code and bug fixes etc.

I am wondering does it play a song or have flashing lights ?

I like what I have now K 2.0

B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic What is new in K 3.1?

xpatman wrote: Maybe a simple question but, just want are the NEW features with K 3.1?

Simple answer: see What is Kunena and Kunena Features in the Wiki.

xpatman wrote: I read that K 2.0 will no longer have and support in August 2013 and the Kunena team is focusing all efforts in connection with K 3.1 which is expected to occur later this year but probably not before October.

Correct B)

xpatman wrote: At the moment I am VERY pleased with the way the forum is working, no errors, no lost postings, as we say "It does what it says on the Tin"

Thank you. :)

xpatman wrote: Looking at this forum I can see so far 3 pages of 'Need help' questions ...

Need help about what, specifically? No matter how well we try to make the process of installing and running Kunena, people always seem to need help with one thing or another. :lol:

xpatman wrote: What is so new besides the general improvements to source code, bug fixes etc. ... [and] does it play a song or have flashing lights?

As you know, K 2.0 is at end-of-life. K 2.0 will continue to be available for download (as are other versions of Kunena available for download, including versions of Kunena that we know contain defects) for those who have a need for that version. But K 2.0 will not be supported by the team and the forum will not contain a place for people to expect answers for new problems that they have with K 2.0 after 31 August this year.

If people are satisfied using K 2.0 - and accept the limitations of that version - and are prepared to tolerate the occasional problem, then people can continue to use K 2.0 for as long as they choose to use it. In the same way, there are forums on the internet that use K 1.7.x, K 1.5.x - would you believe Fireboard, too - and people seem happy enough to use those versions even though there is no support for those products.

xpatman wrote: I like what I have now K 2.0

The forum here, at www.kunena.org , has been operating with K 3.0 for the past 4 months ... but I am really looking forward to what is in store in the future. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds