Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Solved My posts are being deleted without answer

More
11 years 5 months ago #1 by saldsl
Yesterday I've reported twice a problem I've noticed under Kunena 2, but seems my posts are being deleted without giving me any reason for this...
Am I doing something wrong??? I've posted my questions in polite manner, so what's the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
We are not deleting your messages. Use My Topics menu item to find where your topics are and, please, do not accuse the moderation team of deleting your messages if you do not know how to use a forum properly. Thank you.

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by saldsl
I dont't want to accuse anyone, I'm just asking why my posts are deleted.
Yesterday I posted my request twice, each time I can see my post correctly in the category view and in "my topics" menu just after I send it, but after few hours I logged in to the forum and I cannot see them anymore (neither in "my posts" section).

More
11 years 5 months ago #4 by Mortti
The following user(s) said Thank You: saldsl

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #5 by saldsl
Ah, ok... strange, if I look in "My topics" I cannot see them! Also, my profile shows 3 posts (will be 4 after this reply), that doesn't count those topics.
But if I go into my profile I can see the moved topics under "posts" tab. Seems that posts moved in locked categories are not displayed in "My topics" and are not counted in the profile?

Anyway, thanks for the help and sorry, I didn't mean to be rude.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by saldsl.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
saldsi write:

if I look in "My topics" I cannot see them ... but if I go into my profile I can see the moved topics under "posts" tab.

I'm having difficulty understanding this statement. I don't doubt that what you wrote is true but this doesn't make sense. If you can see messages going to your profile then it would seem logical that you could see the same information if you look at "My topics" (as long as you are logged in with your user account).

saldsi write:

my profile shows 3 posts (will be 4 after this reply)

The computation was incorrect. I ran the Recount Statistics feature a short while ago and your post count has been corrected.

saldsi write:

Seems that posts moved in locked categories are not displayed in "My topics" and are not counted in the profile?

Your messages were not moved into a locked category (or topic, for that matter, either). The subject of the topic [into which I moved your messages] was "Move to locked category". Since then I have renamed this subject as Locked category => section which seems more logical to me.

Now that we have answered these questions, I hope you will try, in future, to become more relaxed with some of the procedures that we use in this forum; our procedures, we hope, are to help you and others seeking answers to similar questions that you may ask. In rare cases these procedures do not always work and you have our apologies if we caused you any anxiety. In your case, the questions that you asked (and the answers to those questions) are contained in the topic Locked category => section .

As a general principle, we do not delete topics from this forum unless they are in contravention of the terms of use policy that exists at this site.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saldsl

More
11 years 5 months ago #7 by saldsl
Now that you ran the Recount statistics I can see the moved topics also in "My topics" and in my post count.
As I said I didn't mean to be rude, if I asked "why my posts are being deleted" was because I didn't view them anymore under "My topics" and I thought I did or wrote something wrong that caused the deletion...

However, thank you for the help and the answers and my apologize if I seemed angry (english is not my mother language, so sometimes I write (pheraphs too) directly).

Thanks Sozzled an Mortti.

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds