The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the second public beta release of Kunena 6.1, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 4.x. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.
The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 6.1.0 B2 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 6.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.
Kunena 6.10 has been designed to work on Joomla! 4.2 and later (for testing purpose it can be installed on Joomla! 4.3 beta), the requirements are the followings :
- Php 7.4.1 to Php 8.2.x (the support of php 8.2.x needs to be improved, you can see remaining deprecated errors messages)
- MySQL 5.7.0
- Bootstrap 5.1
The work done in Kunena 6.1 is the following:
- New plugin integrated into Kunena to handle privacy (thanks to ruud)
- Private messages has been integrated when post/reply/edit a message
- Refactor some backend views to follow Joomla! 4.x style : ranks, users
- Replace some deprecated methods set in Joomla! 4.2.x
- Work on compatiblity with Php 8.2.x, it still remains some deprecated errors messages
- Continue to convert the queries to use Joomla! Database which allow them to be agnostic, it still remains couple of queries which need to be converted
Download K6.1.0 Beta2 here: https://github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/tag/6.1-Beta2
This means that the Kunena 6.0 series is approching the end of life and will be discountinued, with the future release of K6.1 in stable there won't be new versions of K6.0 after that.
Any donations are needed for future support.