Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Poll+Discussion] The top 20 most commonly asked questions about Kunena

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #1 by sozzled
Every other day I'm asked, by my colleagues on the Kunena project, "In what ways can we assist the users of this forum to address the most commonly-asked questions about Kunena?" My answer has been the same: What are the most commonly-asked questions? Give me a list of them and I'll write something for the Wiki. If we have this simple resource we could prominently feature it on the forum and it might reduce the number of topics that are created, and the work involved my forum moderators, to give people the information they need.

Therefore, I'm asking for help from the community to assist us in this task. What do you think are the most common sought-after answers that people need to know? What questions have been asked the most, in the past, and answered (obviously) that should be featured prominently somewhere on the site/forum?

Here is my initial list of those questions (even though it's more than 20 that I came up with so far):
  1. What version of Kunena should I use (and does it matter what version of Joomla I use, either)?
  2. Why can't I see the BBcode toolbar to insert Kunena BBcode?
  3. Why can't I edit my Kunena user profiles (including setting forum preferences, avatar image, etc.)?
  4. Why can't I use the Quick Reply feature and, in some cases, the Quote feature?
  5. Why can't I use the expand/collapse feature used on various sections of Kunena pages?
  6. Why can't I use the "smiley selector" to insert emoticons into Kunena messages?
  7. Why can't I use the Kunena user ban features?
  8. Why can't I see, in my user profile, the messages I posted?
  9. Why can't I use the image lightbox view feature?
  10. Why can't I use the Message Enlarge/Shrink feature?
  11. How do I change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index?
  12. How do I restore my Kunena menu?
  13. "This webpage has a redirect loop"
  14. How do I edit, hide, disable or translate menu items in K 1.6 (e.g. rules, help, search)?
  15. How to insert banner advertisements (e.g. Google AdSense) in Kunena
  16. How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?
  17. How do I implement Search Engine Optimisation - SEO - in Joomla?
  18. Do I still need "legacy mode" in J! 1.5?
  19. How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?
  20. Which comes first: the template or the forum?
  21. How do I protect my forum from spam?
  22. What do I need to know to install or upgrade Kunena?
  23. What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This is just my initial list and I'm sure that you will have your own suggestions. I would like to hear your thoughts on this idea. B)
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by woonydanny
Hi Sozzled,
From my point of view it doesnt really bother me, as i have been around Kunena for quite some time and know the ins and outs of it. However, for many new users, who like to just jumpt straight into something without testing, investigating or be generally inquisitive - then i think something like this would be quite useful.

Not only add it to the wiki, but make it a permanent link somewhere on every page on kunena.org such that it is un-missable by viewers and hopefully majority of new users will look at it and have their questions answered. I think even if it is in the wiki, alot of the 'basic' questions will still be asked on the forum as people are either too lazy too look at the wiki or oblivious to its existance.

hope this helps B)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by s23Nation
I had a different No answer then the one listed so I voted Don't Care

as for getting information from a Sticky Topic?
they can be useful and a turn off...

as for example the board www.kunena.org/forum/77-general-talk-about-kunena
has 3 sticky topics with with over 100 replies each

If I want to get support, no way I am going to weed my way through all that.

Wiki's are great, if there is content and not so many incomplete links
or useless links? In the main navigation in the docs there is Community Portal
docs.kunena.org/index.php/Kunena:Community_Portal

looks like no support
More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the constructive criticism and feedback. :)
More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by Garry1953
I'm a "Really Don't Care" kinda mood today hahahaha.

I've used a few different Forum Softwares, and most are very easy to manage.

However, from an Admin New to Forums, It probably be helpful to have a list of commomn problems and solutions in one spot for them.
More
12 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Just to let you guys know, "I don't care" equates to "No" in my book (I just put the option there to get an an honest assessment of how people feel). If there's a majority of "No" votes, there's nothing for me to do ... and that will be a blessing, won't it?

I guess we'll have to force users to browse the stickies and use the search feature in a more intelligent way, hmm? :whistle:
More
12 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias, Mortti
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds