Kunena 5.2 RC3 Released (29 Nov 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the third public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC3 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Poll+Discussion] The top 20 most commonly asked questions about Kunena

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #1 by sozzled

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Cannot access protected property KunenaBbcode::$tag_rules in /home/dafl6903/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/message/item/default.php on line 62
Layout was rendered in /home/dafl6903/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/topic/item/message/default.php on line 26
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 5 months ago #2 by woonydanny
Hi Sozzled,
From my point of view it doesnt really bother me, as i have been around Kunena for quite some time and know the ins and outs of it. However, for many new users, who like to just jumpt straight into something without testing, investigating or be generally inquisitive - then i think something like this would be quite useful.

Not only add it to the wiki, but make it a permanent link somewhere on every page on kunena.org such that it is un-missable by viewers and hopefully majority of new users will look at it and have their questions answered. I think even if it is in the wiki, alot of the 'basic' questions will still be asked on the forum as people are either too lazy too look at the wiki or oblivious to its existance.

hope this helps B)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
More
9 years 5 months ago #3 by s23Nation
I had a different No answer then the one listed so I voted Don't Care

as for getting information from a Sticky Topic?
they can be useful and a turn off...

as for example the board www.kunena.org/forum/77-general-talk-about-kunena
has 3 sticky topics with with over 100 replies each

If I want to get support, no way I am going to weed my way through all that.

Wiki's are great, if there is content and not so many incomplete links
or useless links? In the main navigation in the docs there is Community Portal
docs.kunena.org/index.php/Kunena:Community_Portal

looks like no support
More
9 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the constructive criticism and feedback. :)
More
9 years 5 months ago #5 by Garry1953
I'm a "Really Don't Care" kinda mood today hahahaha.

I've used a few different Forum Softwares, and most are very easy to manage.

However, from an Admin New to Forums, It probably be helpful to have a list of commomn problems and solutions in one spot for them.
More
9 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
Just to let you guys know, "I don't care" equates to "No" in my book (I just put the option there to get an an honest assessment of how people feel). If there's a majority of "No" votes, there's nothing for me to do ... and that will be a blessing, won't it?

I guess we'll have to force users to browse the stickies and use the search feature in a more intelligent way, hmm? :whistle:
More
9 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias, Mortti
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds