Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Editor Tools on quick reply box

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by Mattej
I was wondering if you can add editor tools to the quick reply box? Otherwise have a quick reply box always visible at the bottom of the page with editor tools?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Mattej, and welcome to Kunena.

The idea of the Quick Reply feature is to add a simple form for quick data entry. BBcode can be entered manually but, if you want the full versatility of the Kunena message editor, use the Reply button.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #3 by Mattej
Hi Sozzled,

I totally agree with you. But I have 2 other guys that help with the website and they both think that they want editor tools on the quick reply box. or the quick reply box to be always visible at the bottom of the page.

I said why is it a quick reply box if it does exactly the same thing as the reply box makes no sense to me. I was out voted 2 to 1.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Mattej.

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Show them my response. If they insist on having this feature, and they are prepared to pay for this feature to be added, then they can have it. Otherwise, tell them to use the Reply button.

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by regdomain
the reason we need editor in quick reply is to add links + other features. editor there is necessary at least some part of it. reply button require reload of the page and honestly is inconvenient tool in mane cases. for example IPB have this feature and this already the MUST for the forum and sooner kunena will have it is better for all of us. All our success depends on our ability to deliver good service to the client and when other projects better meet demand we go down.

2 sozzled

We care about users not about you or developers. Try to do that as well although we do not expect much from the geek, so do not worry if you fail again.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
G'day, regdomain, and welcome to Kunena.

regdomain wrote: All our success depends on our ability to deliver good service to the client and when other projects better meet demand we go down.

I agree. Everyone's success depends on providing the best quality service to the client to the extent that one's time, availability of skilled resources and money can provide. I care about the services that the project gives freely and free-of-charge to the people who use Kunena. There is no company behind Kunena; there is nothing that people are asked to buy. This has been (and will continue to be) a freely-available, open-source software, community-driven project and I ask people to remember that when they post their questions to the forum.

Other forum products have different features. Some of those features may be more appropriate to use than the feature set included in the current version of Kunena. The project is genuinely making every effort, within the constraints of time, people's availability and the limited sources of money, to improve the quality and range of functionality in Kunena. If people genuinely would like to assist in this task then the project (and this community) will be forever in their debt. People can help in a lot of ways: by contributing their knowledge to the forum and the Wiki, by testing pre-release versions of software, by developing new software or by donating money (if they have faith in the product and believe that they can help).

I'm offended by the label "geek", as I think most people would be if greeted by a complete stranger in that manner, or by any other label that you might care to use. I am a person and I hope that I have tried to treat you like a person, too.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #7 by Elionora

Mattej wrote: I was wondering if you can add editor tools to the quick reply box? Otherwise have a quick reply box always visible at the bottom of the page with editor tools?

Use this mod: www.kunena.org/forum/114-user-written-ha...miles-at-page-bottom

Много интересных распродаж и купонов на скидку можно найти на сайте: kuponinaskidku.ru
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Elionora.

Time to create page: 1.000 seconds