×
Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question K2 in Kunena or Kunena in K2?

More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by amisin
Hello,

I would like to ask someone is it possible that i have website with K2 items and categorys and Kunena forum, but when you commment item in K2 that it shows in kunena forum in one category?


Thank You very much!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

This ins't possible actually, i hope that we can do something in the near future to integrate K2 comments into Kunena like for Kunena discuss

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by amisin
Thank You for reply!

I hope it will be soon.

Best regards,
ALeksandar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by yaksushi
Anyone been able to get Kunena Discuss to work with K2? I really hate the built in K2 comments system and Jcomments dosen't support Joomla 1.7.... Are there plans to make Kunena Discuss K2 compatible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled
There were plans (by the Kunena project team) to bridge Kunena Discuss with K2 at one time. More recently, however, we've become aware that the developers of K2 were not interested in participating in a joint venture with Kunena and this project's plans in that regard have now been put on indefinite hold. I think this probably sums up K2's interest in Kunena: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-comment-system-with-kunena

See also community.getk2.org/forum/topic/listForTag?tag=kunena

This is now best as a question to ask the developers of K2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #6 by yaksushi

sozzled wrote: There were plans (by the Kunena project team) to bridge Kunena Discuss with K2 at one time. More recently, however, we've become aware that the developers of K2 were not interested in participating in a joint venture with Kunena and this project's plans in that regard have now been put on indefinite hold. I think this probably sums up K2's interest in Kunena: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-comment-system-with-kunena

See also community.getk2.org/forum/topic/listForTag?tag=kunena

This is now best as a question to ask the developers of K2.



Sozzled, you are 100% right I posted this question in the K2 forums and not even a peep from the K2 Staff.... Pretty lame if you tell me, they are now even using Kunena for their forum!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by yaksushi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #7 by etkritikonspoudon

yaksushi wrote: Anyone been able to get Kunena Discuss to work with K2? I really hate the built in K2 comments system and Jcomments dosen't support Joomla 1.7.... Are there plans to make Kunena Discuss K2 compatible?

I hope this project is initiated too, but I've gotten the feeling that K2 was more into Ninjaboard( ? )
Can't really say

Kind of off topic now, but responding to the user's search for a comment system for K2, I believe Joomshaper have released a free plugin that integrates Disqus Comments with K2 and I do think Disqus is awesome...of course it does not play with other Joomla extensions (in contrast to other Joomla comment systems) but is an option to consider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled

yaksushi wrote: I've gotten the feeling that K2 was more into Ninjaboard( ? )

I doubt it. Ninjaboard is pretty much locked into J! 1.5 because of its dependence on Nooku.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #9 by etkritikonspoudon

sozzled wrote:

etkritikonspoudon wrote: I've gotten the feeling that K2 was more into Ninjaboard( ? )

I doubt it. Ninjaboard is pretty much locked into J! 1.5 because of its dependence on Nooku.

Well, maybe not anymore...after all they did pick up Kunena for their forum didn't they? ;)

However, there seemed to be a preference to Ninjaboard (or its prospects) earlier on
twitpic.com/3wpgca
blog.joomlaworks.gr/why-were-not-porting...o-joomla-16-the-life
(check evangelou's comments below as well)

...this preference may have slowed down the approach with Kunena (I had read at some point that they were ready to give up on it too for their new site, but found the solution to whatever it was bothering them - I believe spam prevention or something...out of topic really, but just to argue that maybe they have not "committed" themselves definitively to Kunena either, hence the lack of eagerness to participate in joint development)

For whatever reason, this preference was also common among others, like Rockettheme for example, who funded development for Ninjaboard for a year, I believe...some vague comments I read in their forum also suggested that their confidence may have been somewhat shaken...
...but not totally unsettled...(maybe for K2 too?)

Uneducated conjectures; just making conversation...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #10 by Jiminimonka
I also read that rockettheme were sponsoring Ninjaboard, pity they didn't offer that to Kunena, as it would have been a better investment.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds