Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Choosing the Best Answer

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by semanej
Hi,
I'm wondering if there is a way for someone asking a question on the forum to choose a "best answer" that might help other viewers quickly find the best answer to the original question. Is this supported in the core product or is there an extension that supports this?

Thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by semanej.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Nothing exists something like that for Kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
The project team is considering an idea for a topic "rating" that will allow users to vote for the topics that give them the best help. This idea is being considered for K 2.0.

I hope this helps.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by GoremanX
In my opinion, this type of feature isn't really a "forum" thing. There are already Question/Answer components available for Joomla which perform this kind of task, and are far better at it than a forum would be. Spreading Kunena into multiple directions that overlap the functionality of existing components doesn't seem like a terribly good idea, especially in an environment like Joomla.

Ironically, these Q/A extensions are typically listed in the "forum" category at extensions.joomla.org

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by semanej
Great! Thanks! It would at least be nice to have the option.

I actually disagree that a Q/A extension would replace this functionality- at least for our purposes. The idea is that people can discuss topics in the forum. If there comes to a place where decisions are made (either to go in a specific direction or a solution to a problem someone has) then that post on the forum would have more weight than the rest of them. That way, if someone wants to know information on a topic that's already been brought up, they can simply go to the first post and the "best answer" post to summarize and weed out those unhelpful "I'm having this problem too" or "Great idea, what does everyone else think about this?" posts.

I might take a look at those components for ideas though. Thanks for the idea!

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by kenlyle
I agree with the last poster.

It doesn't seem like Best Answer should be a huge diversion of resources or objectionable to the Kunena team. I know that JoomlaJunkie's forum has this feature, and I have found it very convenient, using Best Answer in the way described.

If you consider that the Joomla commmunity probably spends man-years per day reading forum posts looking for the solution to problems, then Best Answer could reduce that and make everyone more productive.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #7 by veeesh
I am looking to have a very clear vote up/down and mark best answer feature within kunena. I am wondering if anyone has done this type of integration and has some suggestions on it? - Trying to do something that is a hybrid of yahoo answers and your standard forum.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by veeesh.

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds