Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question J! 1.6 and K 1.6.2 - tell us your success stories

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by sozzled
This topic is not for requests for support for those people who are experiencing problems installing K 1.6.2 with Joomla 1.6

Joomla!® 1.6 Has Arrived!

The dust has barely settled and we are receiving questions about how well K 1.6.2 performs with J! 1.6.0.

This topic is an opportunity for people to tell us how they're going.

If people are not using J! 1.6.0 at the moment, they might also like to tell us when they are planning to start looking at J! 1.6.0 and why, perhaps, they're delaying.

This is a general discussion, only, for sharing your experiences with the rest of the community.

By the way, I haven't installed J! 1.6. on any test sites, yet. I was planning to do something about that in the next month or two - whenever I can find a few hours' "spare" time! :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laivindil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by samotar
Replied by samotar on topic Kunena for Joomla 1.6 ?
Hi Kunenas people ;)

When will be ready stable version of Kunena for Joomla 1.6 ?
I dont need exact date, but about ?
Bc. what I checked with 1.6.2 there is some problems using Joomla 1.6

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Re: Kunena for Joomla 1.6 ?
Please be patient, Kunena Developers do hard work all the time in there backround... even Joomla! 1.6.0 is not really "Stable" yet I think so (just my opinion) the question is... which is never?

I think is better to wait next K 1.6.3 version, but you can always play on your test sites with K 1.6.2 and J! 1.6.0 (also Kunena SVN is public for all ;) )

joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/scmsvn/...wse&path=%2Ftrunk%2F
The following user(s) said Thank You: samotar, Maulik007

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by samotar
Yes you are right, also I m patient, but I like to know, when can be kunena for joomla 1.6 ready about.
How you wrote, 1.6 is stable, working good, but what I tested, pfuu .. I dont know if is really stable :)
My question is only, how far is kunena from stable version for joomla 1.6
I know Kunena's team work hard, I m sure about it and that I use kunena, bc they do excellent job and fast job.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #5 by Laivindil
I finally managed to upgrade/migrate my site/forum from Joomla 1.5 and phpBB 3 all the way up to Joomla 1.6 and Kunena 1.6.2. I still cannot figure out the forum access levels though.The Public Access Level box only allows me to choose between "nobody"(which doesn't even work), everybody, and all registered users. The Admin Access Level boxis completely empty so I cannot hide forums from registered users and still have them viewable to my moderators and admins. Thus, I had to unpublish half of my forums until further notice. Anyone care to share their opinion on that? (and yes, it is a live site^^)

Site www.ungbdsm.no
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Laivindil.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #6 by Aventura
You guys had more luck than I did with J1.6. Went to install an extension and "poof" joomla magically deleted itself from my webserver :( So it was back to 1.5.22 - which coincidentally works perfectly for me now but didnt before :unsure:

Also, there aren't many extensions or templates that work to a reasonable level on J1.6 yet in my experience
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Aventura.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #7 by ender
www.kunena.org/download .. we dont have modules version J1.6? (klogin, latest news etc?) I have installed 1.6.2 modules + kunena 1.6.2 on my test J1.6, forum almost ok, but modules have no options..

While testing on J1.6.. Avatar upload doesnt work, /forum/profile/edit User Account Tab Not implemented in J1.6!..
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by ender.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
Overtaken by other events. See forum announcement. This topic has been archived.

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds