Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Help?

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by ben r
Help? was created by ben r
Hi, I don't know if I'm posting in the right place for support, but here goes.

I've blocked my forum from being see by non-registered members. It displays the 'you need to login' line and nothing else. How do I either redirect them to a login / registration page or display a login module on the access denied page.

On a slightly different topic: where do I find different templates for the forum? Should I just customise one to suit my site?

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Help?
G'day, Ben, and welcome to Kunena

ben r wrote: Hi, I don't know if I'm posting in the right place for support ...

If you read the description of this category, you will see that General Talk about Kunena is for

Suggest your ideas for Kunena.com. Also general Kunena discussion.

Please use other categories for support questions and third-party software.

ben r wrote: I've blocked my forum from being see by non-registered members. It displays the 'you need to login' line and nothing else. How do I either redirect them to a login / registration page or display a login module on the access denied page.

The answer to this question depends on several things. One of these is, "what version of Kunena are you using?" You might find the answer to this question by searching or browsing the version-specific categories. So, we really need to know how to categorise this issue according to what you have installed on your site.

ben r wrote: On a slightly different topic: where do I find different templates for the forum? Should I just customise one to suit my site?

Although this is a very different question to your last question, the answer depends entirely on what version of Kunena you have installed.

As a general rule, we prefer that topics discuss one issue at a time. This helps us better, this helps other users better and, in the end, it helps you better.

As I'm sure you will appreciate, most people writing on this website want "help". So when you start a new discussion topic, wouldn't it be better to include a few key words that indicate the kind of help you are looking for? For example, in your question about how to redirect your users to the login page if they have not logged in, how about using the subject "How do I redirect users to the login page if they have not logged in?" Likewise, for your question about where to find Kunena templates, you could use (as a subject) "Where can I find Kunena templates?"

I hope this helps. I have locked this "Help?" topic because I can't think of better assistance to you than by addressing your opening point: "I don't know if I'm posting in the right place for support ..." This category isn't really the right place for the support that you need, for the reasons I have mentioned here, but we're still ready to help you the best we can. :)
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ben r
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds