Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Comprehensive Feature List?

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by gideon
Hello- I'm new to Kunena and am doing some comparisons with other forum software systems such as phpBB and vBulletin. Unlike those two systems, Kunena doesn't seem to have any "Feature List" page on the website so I can quickly see what features it has. The general evaluation that I keep hearing is that it isn't as fully-featured or fast as those other two systems, but that it integrates much easier with Joomla. That sounds great to me, but I'd like to see a feature list for myself though so I could see if there were any mission-critical features that I would miss by opting for Kunena. Have I overlooked such a page somewhere? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you have read this : docs.kunena.com/index.php/Kunena_1.6.0_Read_Me ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, gideon, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your very good question. It would be good to have a comprehensive list of features for others to use when considering if Kunena is the right choice for them. This list would be quite extensive.

I sometimes wonder whether going to the trouble of producing (and keeping up-to-date) such a list is worthwhile. For one thing, if we wrote "Kunena has a feature-rich, intuitive user interface" people would probably say "so what" and ignore it. Or if the documentation stated "Ability to subscribe to categories" others would say "what does that mean?"

There are several measures that people use when they are considering whether or not to buy into a specific software choice. The need is the most important determining factor. What do you really need? But the other factor, that I think is almost just as important, is what is the experience of users who are already using this product?

Kunena has been installed on several hundred thousand websites around the world. This forum has an active and engaging community of users. The project is community-driven. Kunena is being utilised in all kinds of applications: small, medium, large, private, public, personal, corporate. Just as importantly, these achievements have all been earned within the first two years of its existence. If you want to know more about the user experience, read the testimonials at the Joomla Extensions Directory .

I would also refer you to Kunena:About in the Wiki for a general overview.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds