Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged [Merged topic] Kunena Web Site: What Joomla extensions are used at this website (Kunena.org)?

More
15 years 2 months ago #21 by Mr Livered
johnnydement wrote:

Right now our integration is avatar, profiles and pms, we're working hard for getting also forum configuration (signatures and so) controlled from kunena soon, and that is just the tip of the iceberg of our plans ;)

I'm about to upgrade to Kunena from Fireboard (waiting for the next release) and I'm tempted to add Jomsocial.

Is there an easy upgrade path? All my users currently have their avatars and personal information held in a Fireboard profile, is there an easy way to add Jomsocial to manage profiles without losing any data or avatars?
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 2 months ago #22 by johnnydement
No, sorry, all data will have to be reentered.

Also notice, that right now, our integration doesn't cover signatures nor readins tlyle (older first-new first), so they will stay with the valours they have before the integration, you will not be able to modify them easily (at this stage)
More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #23 by dazzafact

hi folks,

no idea whether this is the right category to post this question, but i found no better one. so ... could you please name the component you use for the kunena-community. is it jomsocial?

*CB knowhow will help you also to build somethink like Jomsocial- maybe much better. CB ist more flexible and also compatible with FB & KN.

*Community Builder
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by dazzafact.
  • webrus
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #24 by webrus
Replied by webrus on topic Naming of Kunena
As far as I overlook all the discussions in this place, nobody yet made a point to the one and final question ...

What does KUNENA - besides being the most impatiently awaited new Joomla extension - stand for?
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by webrus.
More
15 years 2 months ago #25 by woza
Replied by woza on topic Re:Naming of Kunena
Read this: www.kunena.com/blog/19-developer-blog/37-welcome-to-kunena
About half way down it tells all :)
More
15 years 2 months ago #26 by whouse
Replied by whouse on topic Re:Naming of Kunena
The front page of this website has the info. Here is a copy of it:

Kunena— A Powerful Forum with a New Direction edit
Kunena, translated from Swahili meaning "to speak", arose out of a fork of the former Fireboard forum with a new team and some of the previous developers, including several Joomla core developers.

Many fixes and new features which had been planned for past releases but never implemented have been added to the initial release. Kunena 1.0.x is fully compatible with all prior versions of Fireboard and can be installed parallel to it for testing purposes. Migrating from Fireboard to Kunena couldn't be easier. Simply uninstall Fireboard, update any menu links, and you're ready to go.

• webrus
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #27 by webrus
Replied by webrus on topic Re:Naming of Kunena
woza wrote:

Read this: www.kunena.com/blog/19-developer-blog/37-welcome-to-kunena
About half way down it tells all :)

:blush: It does :)
More
15 years 1 month ago #28 by rolandd
Hey Guys,

Congrats on the advancement of Fireboard into Kunena. The only thing I wanted to point out while browsing is that the favicon of the site still shows a Joomla default. You have these very nice graphics everywhere, so a matching favicon would do justice I think.

Regards.
More
15 years 1 month ago #29 by bytebandit01
and is this the best sef component that works well with kunena? any inputs will be well appreciated. thanks.
More
15 years 1 month ago #30 by Matias
Joomla 1.5 internal SEF. Unfortunately Kunena does not support nice looking SEF URLs for it -- yet.
Time to create page: 0.540 seconds