Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Can I have paid Forums?

More
11 years 1 month ago #1 by netizen
Hello,

I am interested in Kunena however I don't know if it does what I want it to do.

My plan is to create a forums site which will allow me to lock some of the forums for paid members only. Can this be done with Kunena and, if yes, do I need extra software?

Thank you in advance,
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Can I have paid Forums?
Technically, yes, you can do this.

There is no facility built into Kunena to enable this functionality.

You will need some other component software to control the access to your forum (or, for that matter, other services that your site offers) to paid-up, subscription customers. There are several components, listed in the Joomla Extensions Directory that, I'm sure, will accommodate your requirement.

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by freedomcoach
I use AEC to offer subscription packages. All subscribers can login and access my Kunena forum which is an educational, support system and community. In combination with DOCMan, they all work well together.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
11 years 1 month ago #4 by netizen
Replied by netizen on topic Re:Can I have paid Forums?
So freedomcoach,

Your forums (as a whole) are either accessible or not depending on member status..correct?
Can you (with AEC) have threads (sections) which are free for non members?

You see what I'm trying to have is both free and paid sections within the same installation. Is this doable with AEC?

Regards,
Chris

More
11 years 1 month ago #5 by freedomcoach
Hi Chris:

I understand what you are wanting to accomplish and I'm not exactly sure how you would do it other than having two forums on your site.

I thought of the same idea myself but do not know how to implement it. AEC together with DOCMan can control access to content in documents based on type of subscription but that is obviously different from a forum access.

I know there is a way to have some Forums in Kunena be private but not yet dependent on Joomla status (registered, editor, Admin, etc). This would be a great feature to add to K1.6. Maybe it is already planned.

Sincerely,
Howard

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds