Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Private Group forums and Public group forums for JomSocial

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by fullstackedpoker
Basically its pretty simple, when a group is created in JomSocial, a forum/subforum is also created to accompany this group. The discussion platform in JomSocial groups is then replaced to link forum posts in Kunena. Also group activity stream when new forum posts are created. All members of the JomSocial group are automatically added to the forum group. And only members of that group will be able to view the forum.

Just speaking of it gives me chills! It would be amazing. haha

This is a huge feature and a must for I would think a lot of users that use JomSocial. I really hope the team at Kunena gets this going soon. My site is being developed and member base is always growing. I really need this feature! I love Kunena Forums by the way. The integration and ease of use is amazing. PLEASE KUNENA! I LOVE YOU!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by BaB
fullstackedpoker wrote:

Basically its pretty simple, when a group is created in JomSocial, a forum/subforum is also created to accompany this group. The discussion platform in JomSocial groups is then replaced to link forum posts in Kunena. Also group activity stream when new forum posts are created. All members of the JomSocial group are automatically added to the forum group. And only members of that group will be able to view the forum.

Just speaking of it gives me chills! It would be amazing. haha

This is a huge feature and a must for I would think a lot of users that use JomSocial. I really hope the team at Kunena gets this going soon. My site is being developed and member base is always growing. I really need this feature! I love Kunena Forums by the way. The integration and ease of use is amazing. PLEASE KUNENA! I LOVE YOU!

+1

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by FreeThinker
very nice

bring it on +1 ;)

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

This is an idea that the DEVs team has in mind, i think will be useful to have something similar to that in kunena for future versions.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 1 week ago #5 by BeTheDance
Also want to add that this would be an important feature for me as well. And I believe it adds to my case for this post of granular user group permissions sooner rather than later: www.kunena.com/forum/119-feature-request...oup-privileges#44940

In a large and active community, moderating multiple sources of posts turns into a huge task. The more centralized the moderation and management, the better.

More
14 years 2 days ago #6 by Annzy

More
13 years 11 months ago #7 by mrbaumby
This is an absolute MUST ... the connection between JomSocial and Kunena us almost usless without it. Private groups need private discussions and that should be maintained when the discussion are held on the forums. The internet is all about security and privacy these days for some groups. However, this cannot be achieved until Kunena builds contain private forums, not to mention that private topics should be a major part of any forum software anyway.

At this point I'm actually looking elsewhere for this problem to be solved, and that may be another forum ... unfortunitly ... :(

Umby

More
13 years 10 months ago #8 by ystout11
After busily installing AEC, profile types, kunena, gs kunena and jomsocial (supposed to all be integrated) - creating all the profile types, categories, groups - matching them up with forums, and testing it out, I realized a logged-in member is able to access a (in this case a HIGHLY private group that MUST have security) by clicking on "new discussion". Not only is the member able to read the discussion threads, but is able to post threads.

This renders the whole point of private groups useless. I hope there is a fix, but reading these posts, I am thinking there isn't? Please let me know if you find another solution. :S

More
13 years 10 months ago #9 by Matias
I've quickly read through gs-kunena source code and it's not doing much.. I wouldn't call it JomSocial groups support as it's very basic code, not much more than creating categories for jomsocial groups. So I would call it a quick hack.

I would like to make this kind of feature, but unfortunately I do not have luxury of having too much spare time lately. :( Are there people who would like to pay from a feature like this?

More
13 years 10 months ago #10 by ystout11
YES! I imagine it would be far cheaper than me building additional websites for the purpose of making each forum entirely private and secure. That's what I am looking at now.

We're just a startup nonprofit - but we need to offer secure sites as part of our certification/ directory benefit. Without this we can't roll out programs. It's a major time and economic bottleneck for us - not just a "would be nice feature."

:unsure:

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds