Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question How can Kunena do this type: If you are a *registered user* : you need to post in this topic to see

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by george_tilap
If you are a *registered user* : you need to post in this topic to see the message

is this possible in Kunena?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sure we're had this discussion before but I can't find it. Although this is not quite what you were looking for, does this topic help you: Content Access for Only Members

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by george_tilap
mr sozzled, what i needed is if a regsitered user wants to view a certain text, he/she must reply to the topic in order to view the hidden message, whether he is a registered user.

i hope you can help me with this. thanks

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
I'm sorry, george. I don't know any more that what I found for you (and I realised that it wasn't quite what you were looking for). Perhaps someone else has a solution?

By the way, how does a user see the message "you have to reply to to see this message" in the first place? :S

Let us also suppose that a user merely has to submit nothing more than ":)" as a reply, and let's also suppose that is all your users will do. All that your uses will see (by replying) is the first message and a whole lot of ":)" posts. Is that what you want to see? That's the first problem. The second problem is this: does a user have to reply every time they want to see the message? How do you keep track of which messages a user is therefore entitled to view? This is a non-trivial problem, isn't it?

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by george_tilap
for me, this will eliminate lurkers to see whats on the message especially if theres a download link to be posted

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Is there anything wrong with this?
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #7 by bambou
Hello george_tilap :)

A similar topic here :
www.kunena.com/forum/144-hacks-tricks-an...-topic-reply-to-view

but no answer :(

I think it would be better to post in the "Feature request" category ;)
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by bambou.

More
14 years 7 months ago #8 by Lovegunner
How many times does this question need to be asked before someone does something and adds it to our forums..... my sites download links are just being ripped off and my members are getting angry and refusing to share downloads.... considering changing back to the old invisionfree

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds