Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question What's said about kunena

More
15 years 2 months ago #1 by johnnydement
Guys, seems junena is starting to get some popularity, our guest count has been duplicating day after day this week.

Now I would like for you to help me a bit on one thing, I would like to keep track of the interest in other joomla sites about kunena, and what they say, and the questions that arise about us.

So, could you help us gather these opinions, posts, comments whatever?

I would ask if it's possible, not only a link to the source, but it to be copied here in a spoiler tag (a bit busy to go checking every site ;))

And if possible, we would like to know about international sites, so the spoiler for these, if not too hard for you, passed on google translate or something, just enought for it to be comprehensible ;)

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:What's said about kunena
Finnish site ( www.joomlaportal.fi/ ) contains some discussion about Kunena.

Many users of joomlaportal.fi are following Kunena very closely. They think that it may have great future, but it has to prove to be more than a fork.

More
15 years 2 months ago #3 by OPEN365
Replied by OPEN365 on topic Re:What's said about kunena
On JomSocial:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/index.php?f=13&t...b_v=viewtopic#p10944

-but they are using JomSocial on their site too!! Fingers crossed we'll see great integration

- Installed Kunena last night and so far it is working quite well. I don't really have any forum activity yet, but seems stable and the integration is looking good. So far I'd say it's worth looking at.

- Great news, hope you will make it happen for kunena with jomsocial.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #4 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Re:What's said about kunena
As Matias says, Joomlaportal.fi users (finnish Joomla! users) read very closely what here happens.

This time (Joomla! 1.5.9) we all Joomla! users need good/security/flexible Native forum system... this time there is only Kunena and Agora what is potential for that... also there is couple little forum but those is not big drive.
Also is SMF and phpBB but they is not for new user, because they have to know something for bridge and how install those...

So, in Finland we are looking Kunane very closely for that sector "native" Joomla! component, easy install, easy to use etc.

Regards,

Mortti

Simpleboard --> Joomlaboard --> Fireboard --> Kunena (tester/translator)
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Mortti.

More
15 years 2 months ago #5 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:What's said about kunena
I think, many german users appreciate Kunena. Major Questions: How to migrate an existing Forum to Kunena? or: How to upgrade from Fireboard to Kunena, what versions?

Suggest a FAQ for these questions.

More
15 years 2 months ago #6 by fuqaha
Replied by fuqaha on topic Re:What's said about kunena
Lintzy wrote:

I think, many german users appreciate Kunena. Major Questions: How to migrate an existing Forum to Kunena? or: How to upgrade from Fireboard to Kunena, what versions?

Suggest a FAQ for these questions.

Kunena is still using fireboard tables. Simply uninstall fb n installing kunena will get the job done. ;)

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #7 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:What's said about kunena
To find these answers ist the problem ;) or let me say in another way:

Make it userfriendly, most user want to get ready solutions on first page they visit :huh:
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Lintzy.

More
15 years 2 months ago #8 by lavsteph
Hi,

These are the two ads that I have just proposed.

Manager French translation

More
15 years 2 months ago #9 by johnnydement
Thanks lintzy, good idea, I will try to have a FAQ ready during next week ;)

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds