Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question What's the best way to use Kunena 1.5.3 as a way to coment on my articles?

More
17 years 3 months ago #20077 by lugaru
First of all I love this forum, I installed the previous version about a week ago and then lo and behold the 1.5 native version comes out so I went and upgraded. Anyway I really want a forum that is the backbone to my reviews site as opposed to a separate entity. I've already downloaded modules that inform people what the most recent post was but what I would love to do is have a Kunena thread show up at the botton of each article, and have it look like a kunena thread.

So for example we did one on the Hello Kitty Sparkling Wine... I would love to also create a thread about the wine (which I dont mind doing manually) and then at the botton of my article put something that points to the thread for people to talk about it.

This way I would not separate my readers (half of them leaving comentaries, half of them posting in the forum) and it might help me contain posts about a subject to the "aproved" thread about that subject.

It might be easy to create a link and put it at the bottom, but would there be a way to have it say how many replies so far and all that? I'm thinking MAYBE I could do something with a "most recent post" joomla module but I'm still a bit of a noob, lots of ideas and very few skills. Here is my site so far btw

96.0.51.145/articles/index.php
The topic has been locked.
More
17 years 3 months ago #20101 by Spock
Probably best idea if you use the discussbot (from ObjectClarity); it allows you to integrate your Forum discussions with your content. At the bottom of your content items it can include a link to the discussion about each article and optionally include a subset of the running commentary.

I think there is a slight issue with K1.5.3 further discussed here
The topic has been locked.
More
17 years 3 months ago #20113 by lugaru
That looks very cool and very likely the exact thing I need. I'm not going live for a while so hopefully they will iron out any recent compatibility kinks by then.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds