Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Is Fireboard project officially "dead"?

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by Hefesto
I've posted this at official Joomla forums, but got no answer. The point is, should I expect future releases of Fireboard ( as one of its develpers said ) or this project is completely abandoned under this name? I have a few sites using Fireboard 1.0.5RC2 at this moment, and would like to know if I should wait patiently or start thinking of upgrading to Kunena and focusing all my development on it...

I know that at least some of Kunena's developers come from Fireboard (fxstein, johnnydement), and I remember a discussion at BoJ forums where it seemed that they were something apart from BoJ developers, so that's why I doubt if Kunena is a fork or a successor :blush:.

Gnumla! - Joomla! y software libre en español

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by grumblemarc
This says most of it from BoJ. "Dear FireBoard users,
In order to further develope the need of Joomla for a robust forum, FireBoard component has been moved to its own new home and new name. You can find more information regarding the Kunena, the successor of FireBoard, at kunena.com. The current forum here will stay for some time more for referencing needs. You can find the FireBoard files under joomlacode.org.
Upgrading to Kunena is highly recommended!"

And you need to read the article on the front page. www.kunena.com/

Why is there any doubt?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by Hefesto
Oops! :blush:

Hadn't noticed the update of the frontpage. Well, it's clear that Kunena is a fork, with some of the original FB developers and some new ones. Great!

About FB, provided that BoJ forums are closed and they point to Kunena, may I assume that previous FB 2.0 develpment has also been ported to Kunena? I'm really sorry if so many questions about this bother you the developers, but put in my place for a second: I manage a few sites using FB, and have many clients getting quite nervous. BoJ announced that there would be a 2.0 release sooner or later, and then Danialt assured at Joomla forums that FB was still alive and development in progress, so I really don't know what to think.

Personally, I'll bet for Kunena for future developments. I've joined translation and spanish groups, and am willing to help and support this project as far as I can. But it would be of great help for me knowing a little bit more about FB status, in order to plan future updates of my sites.

Thanks for your patience.

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #4 by johnnydement
We don't know about the future of BOJ more than you ;) we waked one day surprized and happy to see BOJ we're supporting us with that message in their forums...

Kunena is afork from fireboard, is not fireboard, and will asap evolve in something unique, and we hope better :P, fireboard was just our start line ;)

We don't share any connection with BOJ besides having loved fireboard, and helped in the means we could to it's development, but always as staff, we don't know nothing about their plans with it, although it seems they have stopped development...
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by johnnydement.

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by Hefesto
Ok, thanks for the information ;).

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by giulia72
Replied by giulia72 on topic FB or Kunena...?
Hello,
I would a suggestion:
I have Joomla 1.5 and actually I'm looking Fireboard as forum component.

It seems that Fireboard will be substituted by Kunena, doesn'it?

At moment for joomla 1.5, what you suggest to use Kunena or FB?

Or is it better to wait the native version for Joomla 1.5 and then make a migration?

Thanks
Giulia

More
15 years 1 month ago #7 by core2
Replied by core2 on topic Re:FB or Kunena...?
The development of fireboard has stopped. Kunena is build on the code based of fireboard, but will be developed in a new direction (I guess). In my opinion Kunena is a very good forum solution for Joomla. If you can wait, I think the kunena team will release a native joomla 1.5 version soon. Today you have to run kunena in legacy mode in Joomla 1.5.

Visit the Kunena documantation .

More
15 years 1 month ago #8 by 4k55
Replied by 4k55 on topic Re:FB or Kunena...?
If you want to have some "bugs" then use Kahuna. If you want to have some "bugs" then use FireBoard. Use whichever one you wish.. I recommend FireBoard and wait until Kunena has released a few more plugins etc.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds