Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Get the list of all users who have contributed to a single topic

More
10 years 6 months ago #1 by SinisaKrisan
Is there some sort of api im missing to get all the users that replied on single thread?

Because, obviously, documentation for Kunena 3 is virtually non-existent, i had to do some reverse engineering and figured out how to use API to get list of all subscribers (thats not what i need) get the author of first and last post, but nothing more than that.

Is there a possibility to use API to obtain the list of ALL users that have posted in single thread? Id hate to use direct queries in my custom plugins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled

SinisaKrisan wrote: Because, obviously, documentation for Kunena 3 is virtually non-existent ...

You really think so? You believe that? :dry:

I agree with you, however, that documentation about the internals of K 3.0's design leaves a lot to be desired. We will wait for a developer to reply to this topic (unless there's another benevolent member of the community who has worked out how to do this for you).

BTW, since K 3.0 was first conceived, I think we've updated about 200 articles in the Wiki to try to bring the documentation more up-to-date.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by SinisaKrisan
Hi @Sozzled

There is nothing for me to think or believe, i was just stating the fact.
I know how things in open source world works and i know that documentation is in most cases a major problem for every community-based project.
I however didn't said that to diminish your work or what not, i was just making remark based on my investigation

I could always use something like this
Code:
private function _getRepliers($message) { $db = JFactory::getDBO(); $query = 'SELECT DISTINCT '.$db->quoteName('userid').' FROM ' . $db->quoteName('#__kunena_messages') . ' WHERE '.$db->quoteName('thread').'=' . $db->Quote( $message->thread ); $db->setQuery( $query ); $repliers = $db->loadObjectList(); return $repliers; }
and that will work out just fine.
Nevertheless, i was hoping i didn't do my research properly and eventualy, someone could point me in right direction how to do that through API if possible

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled

SinisaKrisan wrote: There is nothing for me to think or believe, i was just stating the fact.

I disagree. You were stating an opinion. I happen to agree with an element of that opinion. It is fair to say that there is not good documentation in the Wiki about the internals of Kunena. The Wiki is more of a "user guide", you might say. The full documentation about Kunena progamming is contained at GitHub. I am not a developer and so I do not go into the details of such matters.

It is also a reasonable conclusion that there does not exist an API to pull together the names of the accounts used in contributing to a single topic on a K 3.0 forum. That is true, too. Therefore, it follows, that if there is no API to do this then there, likewise, is no documentation about it, either.

It is not fair, however, to generalise in they way you did in your opening remarks to this topic where you stated:

SinisaKrisan wrote: Because, obviously, documentation for Kunena 3 is virtually non-existent ...

I inferred that you were making a sweeping and, in my opinion, unfair assessment about the entire documentation Wiki. It was this generalised context that you created that I objected and, in all fairness, in the past 12 months there have been over 200 articles in the Wiki that have been revised and updated so that they are appropriate to the needs of K 3.0.

However, having said these things, I have asked the developers to examine your feedback and, when they have the time to spare, they will reply to you in their own good time. I cannot say any more than that.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #5 by Matias
I believe you're looking into API documents. We don't have separate documentation for the code, but we're started to document our API -- it's just pretty much work in progress.

At this moment there's API call to get all the participants of the topic, but its surely not hard to do that and is already listed in my "good to have" features list.

Instead of messages table, you should take a look into #__kunena_user_topics table, which keeps count of messages in each topic for all the registered users.

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds