Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Sliding Social Media Buttons at kunena.org

More
11 years 3 months ago #1 by santosha
Hi,

I am looking for a Joomla! extension that will help me create sliding social media buttons, just as the ones that are seen here at kunena.org. (look to the right edge of the screen!)

Could anyone help me find out if it is indeed a Joomla! extension that creates these buttons, and if so point me to that extension.

Many thanks in advance, and thanks Kunena for your beautiful work and offerings!

Namaste,

Santosha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by John
There a couple of extentions that create these tabs. Best place to find them is on the Joomla Extention Directory (JED): extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-display
The following user(s) said Thank You: santosha

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by santosha
Dear John,

many thanks for your help!

However, I have already scanned those extensions for quite some time, and what I'm looking for is the exact same slider extension as is used on this website, which I unfortunately have not been able to find!

Looking at the source code of this site gives me the hint that it is built on a Joomla! template from Rockettheme called Kirigami, in which this sliding social media button addon is included.

However, I still have yet to understand which particular extension it is that creates the sliding buttons, and where I can find it.

Thanks!

Namaste,

Santosha

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka
The sliding buttons on kunena.org are indeed from rockettheme.com, and are part of the template used. If you want to use them then visit their website for information.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 3 months ago #5 by santosha
Jiminimonka,

thanks very much for your assistance. I've contacted Rockettheme to see if there is a way to install the buttons on another template, and not the one they belong to originally.

Thanks again!

Be well,

Namaste,

Santosha

More
11 years 3 months ago #6 by TKtemp
Hi,

you can do this easily if you create "Custom HTML" module in your Joomla site and with some css lines you can show it in the same way as it show here.

More
11 years 2 months ago #7 by santosha
Dear TKtemp,

many thanks for your advice. Unfortunately I am not so savvy with either HTML or CSS! :-)

Please let me know if doing something like that is something that you would be able to/willing to help with, without going through too much trouble!

I tried to find a way to PM you on the boards, but it seems there is no function on this board to do that?

Thanks again,

Be well,

Namaste,

Santosha

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled

santosha wrote: I tried to find a way to PM you on the boards, but it seems there is no function on this [website] to do that?

See the announcement made 5½ months ago here Changes at www.kunena.org
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #9 by TKtemp
Hi,

try in this way.

1. In joomla Global configuration change "Default Editor" option to "Editor - None" and Save
2. In Joomla Module Manager create new Module and for Type choose "Custom HTML"
  • Title - write whatever you want
  • Position - debug
  • Custom Input Text
    Code:
    <a target="_blank" href="https://twitter.com/MyAccount/"><span class="follow-as-twitter"><span class="social-buttons-text">Follow as via Twitter</span></span></a>
    MyAccount is your twitter account
  • Save
3. Open your joomla template css file and add this code
Code:
.follow-as-twitter { transition: width 0.3s ease-in 0s, background-color 1s ease-in 0s; -moz-transition: width 0.3s ease-in 0s, background-color 1s ease-in 0s; -webkit-transition: width 0.3s ease-in 0s, background-color 1s ease-in 0s; -o-transition: width 0.3s ease-in 0s, background-color 1s ease-in 0s; background: url("../images/twitter.png") no-repeat scroll 10px -36px #222222; color: #CCCCCC; display: block; font-weight: bold; height: 40px; right: 0; letter-spacing: 1px; padding: 0 10px; position: fixed; top: 200px; width: 20px; overflow: hidden; } .follow-as-twitter:hover { width: 170px; background-color:#00ACED; } .social-buttons-text { color: #FFFFFF; display: none; font-size: 1.3em; font-weight: bold; margin: 11px 0; padding-left: 5px; text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; width: 20px; }

4. Upload "twitter.png" image to your joomla template images folder

I haven't tested it but that should display twitter link.
For any new link you should do the same, just change words "twitter" to something else, upload other images and rename it in code. There are also value top: 200px to change by adding 42px.

Let me know if it works.

Regards
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by TKtemp.

More
11 years 2 months ago #10 by santosha
TKTemp,

huge thanks for this incredible help you are offering!

I will try this shortly and let you know here how it works.

Alternatively, drop me a line at santoshanandat[at]gmail(dot]com and I can respond to your email instead, if this is more convenient for you.

Again, I am extremely grateful for this kind offering. Thank you!

Namaste,

Santosha

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds