Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Solved why Youku.com was removed from the Video provider list?

More
11 years 3 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
On Kunena v2.0.3, when inserting a video into post, I noticed that Youku.com was not on the video provider list. But it was there formerly, beside Youtube.

Why you removed BBcode support for youku.com video provider?

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by 810
I Tested all providers ones a year. And remove all not working providers.

So it didn't work anymore. I removed it.

Regards 810

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by baijianpeng
There must be a misunderstood.

Please check Youku.com now, this is the biggest video provider website in China, like Youtube in USA.

And videos on Youku.com can be embed by 3rd party extensions, you can check a plugin named VideoBox on JED, Videobox can also embed Youku videos(See its feature description on JED). BTW, I was the guy who suggested its author to add youku support and he did it without any difficult.

So, if you find out that Kunena can not work with youku.com videos, that is a fault of Kunena's BBcode parser, not a fault of Youku.com .

Hope you will fix this soon.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled

baijianpeng wrote: If ... Kunena can not work with youku.com videos, that is a fault of Kunena's BBcode parser, not a fault of Youku.com.

That is correct. Kunena does not work with Youku.com.

There are several reasons why this does not work:

(a) no-one knows how to make it work;
(b) even if someone knows how to make it work, we cannot be sure that, every time there is a new version of Kunena, that the functionality continues to work because we do not have people on the testing team who can tell us when things like this break
(c) when things like this break we are not always able to go back and determine why they break; and
(d) even accepting the claim that Youku.com is the largest video provider in China and that, because of this fact, this makes Youku.com one of the world's largest video providers, there is only one person in the Kunena community who has reported this as a major problem.

baijianpeng wrote: Hope you will fix this soon.

Unlikely that this will be "fixed" in K 2.0.

More
11 years 3 months ago #5 by baijianpeng
a. I remember that on Kunena 1.7.x, Youku.com WAS on the list of video provider. And it really WORKED (I had even recorded a video tutorial in Chinese language to show how to insert youku video inside Kunena post, so this is for sure). So, this means, SOMEONE in your developer team knows how to make it work.

b. It seems that I had been approved to join the Kunena testing team. So I will test this feature periodically, if can not test it daily.

c. I think BBcode parser can not alter so much between versions. Could you please just keep that block of code when upgrading Kunena version?

d. Though only one person (me) post here to request this feature, I am on behalf of thousands of China Joomla users, they did not come here just because the language barrier. And also,I must admit, some users are always lazy to post, regardless they really complains about this defect everyday.

Anyway, those who did not post here, they are also USERS of Kunena, right? You can not count the number of Kunena users by posts here, right?

You and me both know that some features can not be decided by votes. Voting seems "democratic" but in fact, for many occasions, biased.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
11 years 3 months ago #6 by baijianpeng
Someone on my website had figured out this solution, that is very simple code:

See here: www.joomlagate.com/forum/topic-52025/#59657

(If you can not read Chinese, use the GTranslate module on upper-right of that page)

Could you please add this code to Kunena core and keep it there to ensure it will not be "disappeared" next time?

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
11 years 3 months ago #7 by 810
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/pull/1323

It will work again.

So select Youku as provider, and enter the id. example XNTAwMzg1OTEy
Code:
[video width=425 height=344 type=youku]XNTAwMzg1OTEy[/video]

regards 810

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds