Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged Problems administering my website if/when www.kunena.org is unavailable

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by Shimei
I could not access the control panel or save in Joomla! I noticed that this site has been down all day. Is there a link, now that this site is up, all of a sudden I can access and save once more. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen files served from another site in a component, sorry for the dumb question if it is one. Just curious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #2 by skybax
When the Kunena.org was down i managed to spot a problem with the way k 2.0 makes his verification for version update. Because it cant connect to Kunena server the module loades very slowly a annoying thing (in around 10 sec). And this verification is made every single time you access the category select in K 2.0 backend, aslo not very ok.

Can this be changed to a asynchronous communication to avoid this in other versions ?

And yes i know its a ton of work but i think every small problem is important because they have a tendency to stock up in a huge one.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by skybax.

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by kiwi3685

And yes i know its a ton of work but i think every small problem is important because they have a tendency to stock up in a huge one.

I agree it's a ton of work, and for what? To save you some minor inconvenience, about once every few years when you MUST do back end admin work at the same time that Kunena.org is down?
Please tell me this was a joke!

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #4 by coder4life
Hello Shimel, I had a similar report earlier. Is this only in Kunena Control Panel, not anything else in Joomla.

To be clear we do not serve any files from kunena.org to your browser/kunena install. We however do check our server if there is an update available, which will allow you to download the latest updates. We will investigate the report.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by coder4life.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #5 by Shimei
Yes, this was only in Kunena Control Panel. And to note, I could apply changes and access everything in Kunena except the main control panel, and when hitting "save" I would receive document not found error.

I hope that when Kunena drops Joomla! 1.5 this won't be an issue. I mention this because I have no intention of updating my Joomla! site once Kunena no longer supports Joomla! 1.5.

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Shimei.

More
11 years 6 months ago #6 by xillibit
When kunena.org was down it's has caused some issues with update check

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds