Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question make it easier for inserting language files into the install package

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
I remember that in Kunena v1.7.2 , I can just add my language files into the Kunena component install package with proper folder structure, then those language files will be uploaded along with the original English language files.

But now, on Kunena v2.0.2, I can not insert my translations in such a easy way.

In fact, on Kunena v2.0.2, I find it very difficult to integrate my translations.

So I hope you change the method of packing up Kunena installation files, to make it easier for language files inserting into the install package.

Please take a look at NoNumber extensions: translators can just copy their translations into the install package, even without modifying the XML file, then their language files will be installed along with the original English language files. This is a good design.

If the Kunena team want to make things more easier, I hope you take this further step: pack all those official extensions (modules and plugins) into the component package , then we will get only ONE single file.

What if someone does't want to install any of those extensions? Well, you can make a more advanced installer: on the first screen of Kunena installer, he will be able to choose (check) which extensions will be installed. In fact, I think an "uncheck" method is better. That is to say, all extensions have been listed and already checked for installing, then the user can uncheck those extensions that he does not need.

Why make people busy on clicking on multiple files? Make a single install package then people will feel easier and happier.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds