Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Kunena templates are bad - CSS for topic buttons?

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by darksoul
I edited the button picture with an editor, to find better colors for my website.
But kunena templates are really diffuclt to mod respect to other forum scripts. (phpbb for example)
What i should do for making the new image picture available for a template? i should add css reference for the buttons???

Kunena 2.0 has been really improved, but templates from 1.6 are really hard to mod and there's no documentation on how to mod a template!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled

darksoul wrote: Kunena 2.0 has been really improved, but templates from 1.6 are really hard to mod and there's no documentation on how to mod a template!.

Thank you for your feedback. I agree with your comment about the lack of easy-to-follow instructions. If you have looked at many of my responses on this forum in relation to similar comments to yours, I have agreed in the same way that the "documentation" about how to create your own template leaves a lot to be desired.

However, lack of appropriate documentation notwithstanding, it is apparent that there are quite a lot of developers - people who are not part of the Kunena project - who have been abe to figure things out and build Kunena templates. These people have done this based only on the information in the Wiki and their knowledge of how Joomla works. So I think it's fair to say that, while the task of building a Kunena template may be a challenging one for a complete Joomla novice, it is not impossible if you have the skill and know-how to do these things.

Perhaps it's a little unfair for me to be writing these comments in reply to your question. I have never tried to build my own Kunena template. However, I have been able to successfully tweak Kunena many thousands of times by simply adding my own custom rules to the Joomla site template CSS file.

While I appreciate and sympathise with many people who have difficulty writing their own Kunena template, I hope that people also understand that I only have one pair of hands and only so much time in my day to do the many dozens of things that I do in relation to Kunena. As much as I sympathise with the legitimate criticisms about the quality of documentation that exists in the Wiki, I hope that people also understand that the Wiki is not the responsibility of just those people who are members of the Kunena project. The Wiki is everyone's responsibility.

There are many ways that people can help to improve the documentation - to help with the work of the Kunena project. I invite you to read How You Can Participate in the Kunena Project .

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by HelTrooper
Ive been wondering about how to change the button background picture myself and tried several things but it just doesnt work out. :( I developed a whole new template and the only thing that makes it ugly is the non matching buttons but i guess since its open source we need to find a way ourselves.

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds