Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question K2.0 rocks!!!

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by Vlad
K2.0 rocks!!! was created by Vlad
Howdy yall!

Here's me again after a few years happily running different Kunena versions on my site to share some experiences since putting up K2.0.

Simply put - its awesome!

We run a small discussion forum in a tight knit community and from day one Kunena was my no.1 choice forum application. Simple to install, easy to use and best of all not all that resource hungry if u only have a few dozen users on-line.

Since we're expecting expansion late this year due to the fact that the forums will no longer b locked for select few site users I've been w8ing for K2.0 eagerly. And to say the least I was blown away. Performance is fantastic and I'm well assured that it'll be capable of handling a few thousand users expected to join late this year.

The new database schema is much better than the old one and my DBA says this is some serious peace of SQL knowledge. Styling the Blue Eagle template respectfully was done in ten minutes flat. I just adore the new table less design and the new css - so much easier to get around the code.

We're still working out a few quirks with some old third party extensions that caused some glitches but basically the front end's running just fine and the peps using the page are very well satisfied.

Also need to finish Croatian translations but luckily most of it got pulled from the old language file (two thumbs up fer that since the language ain't all that simple to translate from English respectfully).

We've also completely disposed of the Kunena menu due to the fact we'll create a side floating solution outside the wrapper (should look nice).

I s'pose I've missed all I wanted to say but basically point of this post is to say kudos to all ye folks that've been working so hard to bring such a remarkable and completely free forum achievement!

P.S.
Just don't drop us J1.5 users out of the game to soon - there's still lots of us who've made/found their place on the net by working hard all this years to opt their J1.5s fer best user experience possible and we aint gonna give em up that easy.

Cheers m8s!
...and keep up the fab work.

Two thumbs up!!!

It's a joke! It's a f***ing joke!! What's the matter with You!!??
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Vlad. Reason: Spelling eh...
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic K2.0 rocks!!!
Thanks for the feedback and we're very pleased that someone took a few moments to write to us and tell us how well things were working! It made a very pleasant change from reading about problems or (10 minutes after K 2.0.0 had been released) how people could change this, chop that out, add something extra, etc.! :laugh:

The Kunena project always intends that the forum component will be able to handle the current two supported versions of Joomla. This will be the case for as long as K 2.x will be around; that is, K 2.x will operate on both J! 1.5 and J! 2.5. This will not be the case with the next major version release of Kunena. K 3.x will not work on J! 1.5.

Again, many thanks for what you've written and we hope that the members of your web-based community enjoy the benefits of using Kunena on your site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic K2.0 rocks!!!
Thanks Sozzled i appreciate u guys taking notice of my opinion.

Uh oh! I almost forgot:

The upgrade was a breeze and the xtended administration capabilities give it much more flexibility. Plus the new J2.5 style back end look is quite refreshing.

It's 12:30 AM over 'ere and I'm still tweaking like crazy. Got he language files almost done. Will send an install package when finished both front and back end.

And now would be a good time to retire for the evening cause I'm worn out and the guys r having fun so I'll leave 'em to play with their new toy. :lol:

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic K2.0 rocks!!!
Regarding to version support, once Joomla! 3.0 gets released, we have no other option than to drop Joomla! 1.5 support as there's no way to get Kunena to work in both J!1.5 and J!3.0 at the same time. And because of we are low in resources, we cannot maintain two different versions at the same time. That said, the current 2.x versions (with J!1.5 support) will likely to be maintained till December.

PS. you are mixing MVC and tableless design. Our new template wasn't ready and Blue Eagle isn't tableless. ;)

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic K2.0 rocks!!!

Matias wrote: PS. you are mixing MVC and tableless design. Our new template wasn't ready and Blue Eagle isn't tableless. ;)

Ummm terribly sorry - aye - now I see what I've wrote :blush: :lol: :lol:

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by mwolf
Replied by mwolf on topic K2.0 rocks!!!
I just have one question
I read ti somewhere (some timetable for kunena release in the future) that kunena 2.0 and joomla 3.0 will not be able to work together, and that you will make kunena 3.0
so my question is
whether it will be possible to migrate from kunena 2.0 to kunena 3.0 ?
I asked that because this all will be in next year.
This is important for me since I will migrate from phpbb3 to kunena 2.0 as soon as importer is out.
But since I have forum and I do not want to lose all posts and stuf since there is a nice comynity and I have to improve it with kunena :)

Thank you

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic K2.0 rocks!!!
We support upgrades starting from Kunena 1.0 or even FireBoard 1.0.0 -- there's just one issue with the oldest versions and that's migrating users from Joomla! 1.0 to 1.5 and 2.5. :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by alsthom
Replied by alsthom on topic K2.0 rocks!!!
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THAT MADE KUNENA 2.0!!!

This version is simply amazing!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds