Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Kunena 2.0.0 template overrides

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by yiota
We are looking forward for the stable version of Kunena 2. I have downloaded and try to use the K 2.0.0 RC2 on Joomla 2.5. The questions I have though are the following.
1) When will Kunena 2.0.0 will be releashed?

2) Is there a way I could have a complete template override (meaning to have the whole blue_eagle template in templates/my_template/html/com_kunena/blue_eagle/ either in RC2 version or in the stable version?

3) If not, all I am available to do is the CSS overriding and how can I do that? Do I simply have to copy the css files used in the template to templates/my_template/css folder or can I do a CSS override through my css file?

Thank you
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by yiota.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
(1) Soon

(2) Yes, but I (personally) do not know if we are quite ready for that yet.

(3) See How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? for simple changes. For more complex changes you need to design your own template for Kunena.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by Matias
1) Soon means this week, if no serious issues are found

2) Yes, template overrides first look into templates/my_template/html/com_kunena/blue_eagle/ and then into templates/my_template/html/com_kunena/. Second one is in there because of it's automatically added by Joomla and its use is discouraged.

3) CSS overriding in main template still doesn't work as I've not given any thought into it. But you have full control on CSS inside Kunena template itself.

Kunena also allows you to create variations from your main template (blue_eagle) just by creating another directory with 1 mandatory file in it: template.xml. In there you can override everything that the template does, including how it loads CSS. Our goal has been to create fully customizable templates so you have full control on almost everything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds