Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Joomla 3.0, Bootstrap and Kunena

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by iPlead
Hi All,

Have read in various places about Bootstrap and Joomla 3.0.
Being a novice with an eye for all the latest goodies I'm wondering what impact this will have on Kunena and what we may expect from its implementation... generally...

I'm curious to know what developers think...

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iPlead

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by iPlead
Thanks Xilibit.

The future looks bright! I can't wait to get to grips with it... looks like we have potential for much better integration.

Cheers

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
First we will implement Mirage that's not bootstrap, but follows it very closely on buttons and other elements (just class names differ). Mirage still has its own markup mostly because we want it to work without Bootstrap. But being Bootstrap ready, it will be very easy to convert it to a real Bootstrap template, when we want to take that step.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mobilemews

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by iPlead
Hi Matias,

Do you have any links to information on Mirage, I'm curious to know about more about a scalable server setup, MySQL (gah!) requirements etc so that I have some pointers as to how to plan for future development....

Thanks

Paul

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by Matias
Mirage doesn't affect to performance except that it allows us to use better caching.

Following has nothing to do with topic, but:

Kunena 2.0 needs less resources than Kunena 1.7, so if the existing server can run Kunena 1.7, you can safely assume that Kunena 2.0 will run faster even if your forum has much more messages and more traffic. We haven't done any real server benchmarks, but installing Kunena 2.0 has always lowered the load, sometimes even considerably.

System requirements can be found from our release notes and software requirements from the package.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iPlead

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds