Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Makes me question Kunena and security

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by Espen
I didn't plan to write anything about the security of Kunena when I registered here. But the fact that I right after I registered got an e-mail with my password in plain text makes me question everything about Kunena.

Are there other security problems with Kunena? And the very essence of the people that code for Kunena. What do they actually think about when they manage to get my password and then send it to me over e-mail in plain text?

This breaks one of the most important rules when it comes to handling passwords.

, Espen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Espen, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? . The Kunena forum software is not responsible for user registration or how you create an account on this website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Espen

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by Espen
Ah, sorry for that. Does this mean that Joomla is sending out an e-mail with the password as plain text?

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
In effect, yes. :)

I hope this eases your concerns regarding your general comment that may make you "question everything about Kunena" vis-à-vis site security.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds