Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Loved Crow is quite tasty with software

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by Regina
I originally thought a forum that worked within Joomla would be too watered down and not work for my future plans. So for weeks now I've failed at phpBB, phorum, myBB, SMF, and UseBB. Finally, installed Kunena and within 20 minutes I had installed it, read the documentation, and set it up to completely fit my needs including template. I didn't have to mess with wrapping it or tying it in with JFusion ... just install and go. So I'm here to eat a little crow and say REALLY good job on Kunena, I'm thoroughly impressed and grateful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, CheechDogg, Jiminimonka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by Voice4Vision
I could not agree with you more, Regina. Although I believe there is still alot missing from Kunena, most of it is the fault of Joomla itself. Kunena is the perfect solution for forums integration. Now all we need is the perfect addition to Kunena to turn the heads of phpBB, phorum, myBB, SMF, and UseBB...so that maybe we can get more template designers on board. I have used all the boards you listed, and neither provided me the ease of use natural integration as Kunena.

Thank you for your comments, sometimes I believe that often times the positive feedback doesn't come enough to encourage and motivate developers of ANY php script.

Voice4Vision

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by CheechDogg
Regina welcome to Kunena.org and thank you on behalf of the Kunena Dev Team. Kunena in my personal opinion is the best solution for anyone who has a Joomla site and needs forums to compliment their site.

I have seen Kunena go through quite a few changes since I decided myself to use them and it has developed into something very special being that it is free software. As long as current members of kunena and future ones understand and accept the fact that it is a free forums solution, with their help and patience Kunena will continue to evolve.

This is why I asked to join the Kunena Moderator's Team to help others understand and offer help and solutions to small problems they may face. Many of Kunena.org's Community Member have great ideas some of which have been implemented into Kunena by the Dev Team or by means of small hacks which are easy to do yourself.

Once again thank you Regina and welcome to Kunena.org!

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by CheechDogg.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds