Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Ajax posting and user profiles and..

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by Baze
Darn, as much as i love Kunena (and i'm using it since it was Fireboard 1.0) and i try to compare every other forum with it, i still get the feeling that it lacks some important options. Today i've signed up on a motorcycle forum which uses XenForo, i've never heard of it before but boy i was impressed. I really love the ajax functionality like posting replies or getting notifications on the fly. I wish Kunena had these options, i know my users would love it instead of waiting forever to publish the post or refreshing the page just to see if they have new message or replies to their posts, to see them right away.

Another thing that bugs me is the user profiles. The way it is now, most of the forum owners use CB or JomSocial, but to be honest, when i'm leaving the forum area to change my profile there is whole new world out there, and no, i don't want to go on "another website" just to change my avatar. Current kunena profiles need more attention from the devs, guys we need custom fields, user statuses, galleries... instead of increasing the support for JomSocial (or SB), maybe it's better to think of implementing some of their work. Look at the user profiles of JomSocial, they look awesome don't they? So if we could get some of these options into Kunena than we will have perfect user profles! Now, maybe i'm speaking nonsense here, but is it possible to make kunena work with plugins? So that if i'm developer i could build my own plugin for lets say Garage or whatever... i've seen these on phpBB forums..

oh and the mobile version, it's time of mobile devices, so it's a must for kunena to have a mobile support. Now i know that TapaTalk is already implemented, but as you know it's paid app, and as funny as it sounds, only few of my users will be able to use it. Not because of the lousy 2$ but because we can't use PayPal (Macedonia isn't included) and most of the other on-line payment options, so we really need to think about free mobile app...

I know it's a long post, i'm still under impressions from the other forum, and i wish i could post there to the admin and said "this one sucks, you should use Kunena".

just my 2 cents..
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Really good post and I agree 100% with everything you've written.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baze

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by severdia
Please add those and anything else you can think of to the list:

www.kunena.org/component/beeheard/?contr...gories&category_id=1

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by ChaosHead
XenForo License costs 140$. I think, developers should think of transfer Kunena into a paid basis. It will give stimulus to the further development.

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by Matias
Yes, XenForo has a price tag - you cannot get that AJAX for free.

Kunena 2.0 is designed so, that it's easy to add AJAX into it. Unfortunately we still have to implement those new cool features, which will take some time -- which is something I've been lacking lately.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds