Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question It's time you fix this problem You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by mrcashwashy
You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session. Please verify that the user account is yours and please try again!

I have searched for the solution. In fact i didn't want to register but I had to because the lack of support for this topic is disturbing to say the least. You have mods point the problem to other links that dont solve the issue and then in the new thread you have mods pointing back to the previous thread with no reply.

The issue is this

I can't delete topics

I cant stick anything

I get this error

You folks must be aware of the issue by now right? Post a solution pls!

You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session. Please verify that the user account is yours and please try again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by mrcashwashy
I should also add that each time you release a new version you should check over and over and then over again if it works. Seems you rush it and nobody deserves to spend hours trying to figure out a solution to a problem that should be tested prior to release.

You have thousands of posts with issues regarding 1.7 release. maybe something is wrong !

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, mrcashwashy, and thank you for your interest in Kunena.

I don't know about "thousands" of posts regarding K 1.7 "issues" but there have been quite a few. Perhaps this is because of the popularity of Kunena as a native web-based discussion forum component for Joomla and people are keen to learn more?

We agree that there were a few issues in the early days of developing K 1.6 (and a lot of those that deal with this topic were addressed in K 1.6 RC1) but many of those issues related to third-party Kunena templates. It's therefore a little difficult to address this general discussion about "it's high time we fixed a fundamental issue in Kunena" if the problem (a) does not affect your use of the forum here at www.kunena.org or (b) without knowing more about your specific site setup.

One thing is important: when people ask questions about why things may not be working for them, we need to know whether they're using the current stable release and whether they've added something else (e.g. a third-party template, for example). I'm not saying that you've done anything unsusual (or wrong) but we can help more if we know more.

I appreciate your frustration and the trouble you've already gone to in searching for an answer. What I would also like to say, in response to "each time you release a new version you should check over and over and then over again if it works" is that we have a team of testers who do check that new releases don't introduce new errors, in other words, if it worked before then it should still work the same. Sometimes we overlook important things and, yes, we will do our best to correct faults when they're pointed out.

I think that this topic may help: Unable to delete anything since upgrading to 1.7.1 get message . Does this help?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrcashwashy

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by mrcashwashy
While I can appreciate your humor in sending me to the link that I have already read, I and others are still waiting for a real solution. I give up actually, I don't have hours to spend on a forum that complicates my work every time they upgrade.

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by 810
Please add the kunena report. So we can find a solution.

regards 810

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
I wasn't trying to be funny. We've spent the last hour investigating your problem to try to find a good answer to your questions/observations and general comments about how we tackle version control.

From what version of Kunena did you upgrade? Did you read the last message (posted by Matias) in the topic I referred to?

The only thing you should look at is the last part of the URL; there should be random token like this: 18bd7e12edcb530465fb6a478c39d97b=1

What happens in your case?

It would help to know the answers to these questions I have asked. It would also help to learn more about your particular setup; see What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

I'm really trying to help here but, as you've posed your issue as a general observation about version control and quality assurance, I'm happy to leave this topic in the General Talk about Kunena in which you posted this topic, unless you would like us to move it somewhere else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrcashwashy

More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by mrcashwashy
I am sorry if my post seems rude but I'm sure you can understand my frustration. This is not the first time I have had issues with the forum software, this is not the first time I have had to uninstall and re install but I can tell you this, it will be the last time. I have uninstalled it and ill never try again so I am unable to give you any further details. If you search your own forum you can post your solution to the other people who have been waiting for a fix to the issue.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
I do sense your frustration but we also do our best to respond when we've been informed of a problem. You may not have wanted to register here as a user but, by the same token, we're also unaware that your frustration has gone on for some time.

We did search this forum and our research seems to point to most of these "obsolete form" issues generated by third-party templates that occurred prior to the first stable release of K 1.6. I'm not saying that this is an iron-clad certainty but, when you look at many of the reported cases, these things seem to have arisen because people have chosen not to use the Blue Eagle (default) template. As I've already written a couple of times in this topic, if we knew more about your particular circumstances we may be able to target the problem with better help.

Many (perhaps the majority) of third-party developed templates may not work with the latest version of Kunena. We've made that point in the announcement that you see on the site home page, in the K 1.7.1 release notes and in the upgrade guide . K 1.7 included some structural changes that may impact on third-party templates. We try to minimise these kinds of issues but sometimes they're unavoidable.

We're sorry that you've decided to abandon Kunena but that's your call and we thank you for your interest and honesty.

Time to create page: 0.628 seconds