Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Avatars Not Uploading for Forum Users

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by tonyworship
Hi guys
First off, thanks for this wonderful Joomla tool.
I am having an issue with myself and members being not being able to upload avatar images onto the forum. Simply just doesn't work. I have updated the forum recently and still no joy.

Here is my config info: (any help would be wonderful) thanks!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : gamerlife | author: LAW | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2010-10-05

Kunena default template details : InfinityHU | author: PedroHSI | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-07-21

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.6.0-RC1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.0-RC1 | Kunena Stats 1.6.0-RC2

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by tonyworship.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by Matias
Just a site note: You should upgrade Kunena to 1.7.1 and either uninstall Kunena Latest & Kunena Stats or upgrade them as well.

What happens when you upload avatar? Did you check file permissions under media/kunena/avatars?

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by tonyworship
thanks for the quick response. Are you suggesting i install joomla 1.7 and load kunena on there? Or just download and upload the 1.7.1 into j1.5 (i just uploaded the new version 2 weeks ago)

I do plan on redesigning my site in j1.7 and reallllly want to know how to transfer all the forum posts from j1.5 to j1.7 - any ideas?

To answer your question about file permissions. before writing this post, i did set all permissions in that folder path to 777 to test and see if that was the issue. No joy there.

As i said earlier, if i can take my forum posts from j1.5 to my new j1.7 site (already up and ready to go) that would great. please instruct.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

P.S i know this post is about avatars not being able to upload, sorry to mix it up with j1.7 conversion stuff.. you had brought up a great point though that i was planning on asking soon.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by Matias
I just said that we just released Kunena 1.7.1 and you should be using it because of it fixes a few issues in older release. And as you're doing it, check if you need latest & statistics module -- if yes, install new versions; if not, remove both old ones.

I am generally against using 0777 permissions in anywhere, especially if you're in shared host. Usually if Kunena fails to upload avatar, it should show some kind of error message. Did you see any notification? Also can you change avatar by using the gallery? When you upload the new avatar, the file is stored into:

media/kunena/avatars/users/avatarXXX.jpg (where XXX is user ID and extension can be something else as well)

Does the file exists? Is the date new? Are the permissions for this file OK?

Kunena also stores resized variants from the avatar. They are located in:

media/kunena/avatars/resized/sizeXXX (there are many folders like this)

Directory structure and filename should be the same, and you should see images in there, too. Please check it, too (or just remove every directory under resized and check if the structure gets created on page load.

BTW: I was not talking anything from Joomla 1.7, just Kunena.. :)

When you're upgrading your site, please use the latest version of JUpgrade to do it. It will migrate Kunena, too.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #5 by tonyworship

I just said that we just released Kunena 1.7.1 and you should be using it because of it fixes a few issues in older release. And as you're doing it, check if you need latest & statistics module -- if yes, install new versions; if not, remove both old ones.

Gotchya! i figured this out after i posted and downloaded the new forum and installed it along with uninstalling the two modules you spoke of and reinstalled the new ones. thanks you! I did a test on the file upload and still doesn't work for me. :(

I am generally against using 0777 permissions in anywhere, especially if you're in shared host. Usually if Kunena fails to upload avatar, it should show some kind of error message. Did you see any notification? Also can you change avatar by using the gallery?....

Ok i set them back to 755 as they all were. There is no error message just shoots me "to the top" and doesn't show the new upload... I can use the default avatars by clicking them, that does work.

When you upload the new avatar, the file is stored into:
media/kunena/avatars/users/avatarXXX.jpg (where XXX is user ID and extension can be something else as well)
Does the file exists? Is the date new? Are the permissions for this file OK?
Kunena also stores resized variants from the avatar. They are located in:
media/kunena/avatars/resized/sizeXXX (there are many folders like this)

All seems correct here, yes they are all there with 755 permissions on the folders.

When you're upgrading your site, please use the latest version of JUpgrade to do it. It will migrate Kunena, too.

I was doing some research on this a little bit ago, lead me to "JUpgrade" peeps were saying it don't work well with Kunena but perhaps they fixed it with a new update! this would be great! :)

It must be something within the template i am using or perhaps some conflict with a plugin or modules, i just can't figure it out. I have been uninstalling stuff that i think it might conflict with "moo tools extensions " etc... but still no joy. If you think it would help to loginto my site and take a quick gander at it, i can issue you a password etc.. i understand if that's to much to ask.

Either way, thank you for your quick and friendly responses!

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #6 by tonyworship
well, I've made the upgrade to 1,7 all seems fine on the upload side of things here now. must have been a conflict with an extension. thanks you again for this great tool and for your help!

Kunena rocks!

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds