Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question SEO-friendly URLs causes a big problem

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by fatseo
Hi. I like a SEO-friendly URLs feature in Kunena but yesterday found a bad thing. I need to rename some forum categories. But my forums have a plenty of messages and topics and all of them are indexed in Google and other search engines + many inbound links point to forums/topics. If I rename my forum categories just a bit , all these links will be automatically broken :-(

Are there any ideas how to solve this problem?

My suggestion: in next Kunena versions add an "alias" feature for categories/topics and build SEO url using alias instead of name. Then after renaming categories/topics all links will be working.

Sorry for bad english :blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by cybnet
I had a similar problem when I migrated from Agora to Kunena and the solution was a set of redirects and rewriterules in my htaccess.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by Matias
Actually category aliases are something I've already thought of -- they also give a nice performance boost.

For topics there's no point of having aliases, because of that information isn't used anywhere and users will not do it anyway.

The feature hasn't been implemented yet, but it's something I want by myself, so I'll do it sooner or later.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by camsarim
adding alias feature to the category manager is a must !

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by ZYNC

Matias wrote: Actually category aliases are something I've already thought of -- they also give a nice performance boost.

For topics there's no point of having aliases, because of that information isn't used anywhere and users will not do it anyway.

The feature hasn't been implemented yet, but it's something I want by myself, so I'll do it sooner or later.

This is cool. Thank you for all your efforts.

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by sunny33days
Anyone know if they are going to fix this in a new release?

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds