Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Components Not Showing Up in Backend Admin Menu

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by Griz44
First of all, this is not exclusively a Kunena issue...want to make that clear up front. I have several components that are simply not showing up in the back-end Component menu. Odd thing is, my site appears to be functioning perfectly. Everything is there and working correctly, but I can't access the Admin area for many of my components. They simply don't show up in the Admin menu.

I've posted this problem in the Joomla forums and am getting no help, so I will admit that I'm a bit desperate...so I'm posting here, since you guys have always been so helpful. I've wondered if it might be some sort of database issue. I've considered some sort of reinstall, but since everything is working, I keep thinking there must be some sort of fix for this. I'm not even sure how I'd go about a reinstall anway...I'd sure hate to do anything radical when...again...the site is fully functional.

Anyway, I'm stumped and desperate for some help. If anybody has ever experienced anything like this, or has any thoughts about it, I'd appreciate your input. In case it helps, the site is...

www.grizzledgamer.com

Thanks.

Griz (Steve)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
I've seen something like this in Joomla 1.6, but I don't remember what went wrong. I think that the issue came either from very old version or from JUpgrade or trying to install J!1.5 component in it.

Doesn't reinstalling component help? At least in some Joomla version backend menu items get recreated when you do that.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by Griz44
Everything seems to be working fine after a reinstallation, but the extensions shown in the attached screen shot are still there. You can see by looking at the list that some are almost certainly not "current" and appear to be just remnants of some sort.

I've had other components leave behind remnants like this a couple of other times. I was able to remove them from my database with phpMyAdmin and everything went fine. But with those I was able to find a very reliable, unique search string. With Kunena, I'm not sure what belongs and what doesn't.

I guess I could uninstall Kunena entirely. Then use phpMyAdmin to get rid of all remnants, then reinstall, but I'd almost certainly lose all my categories and other data that way. Since these "shadow extensions" don't appear to be causing any functional problems, I'd rather not do that. But being the anal-retentive type that I am :whistle: , I'd sure like to clean things up if possible. :)
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
This was a bug in JUpgrade that I fixed about 2 weeks ago. JUPgrade broke the database somewhat causing these dummy items without version to come up. The only way to delete them is to edit the database directly by deleting those extra entries (just be careful to delete the right one)...

And that is what you did. With Kunena you should just pick the one with lower id (last column). The wrong one doesn't have version information in it.

And you can uninstall Kunena without loosing any data except for menus. Just do it from Joomla, NOT from our installer.

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds