Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Post/Topic blank when link is included

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by SR89
Hey guys!

I've recently intalled Kunena and I'm really happy with it. But there seems to be a bug in my setup. Whenever I include a hyperlink in a post or topic, the post comes out blank. When I click "edit" and remove the hyperlink, the rest of the content shows up.
The bug is reproducable everytime. For an example see here: www.german-scrolls.de/index.php/forum/7-...bung-per-live-update

If this forum would show the same issue, the content of the post would only show up, if I would remove the link above. I suppose there is something wrong with my configuration, because I really don't think that this is a general bug. Any ideas?

I'm using Joomla 1.7, latest Kunena release and Community Builder (but the bug was there before integrating CB).

I really don't know what to do.

Regards,
SR
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by SR89. Reason: Additional Information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
please try default joomla template. maybe a conflict with your template.

regards 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: SR89

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #3 by SR89
Thanks for your reply. I followed your suggestion and switched back to "Beez2" but it's the issue is the same. Is it possible that a certain plug-in causes the incompatability?

EDIT: I solved the bug. The content wasn't displayed because "shorten long URLs" was active. The moment I turned it off, every single post with a hyperlink was suddenly shown. May there's a bug? I suggest the bug occurs if the URL Kunena wants to shorten is too short. Then the system doesn't show the whole content. But playing around with the length of the links didn't seem to bring any positive results.
For now, I turned the feature off and everything works fine.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by SR89.
The following user(s) said Thank You: new_friend

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by 810
you use discuss plugin. i will try it on my test site.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by SR89
I've installed the discuss plug-in this morning, the bug was there from the first, clean installation of Joomla and Kunena component a few days ago. So may be an issue with Joomla 1.7 and Kunena 1.6.5?

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by 810

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by Matias
It looks like shorten urls have this side effect (this has been reported before with images) in some cases (it uses preg_replace, maybe it has bug in some PHP versions). I tried to change/fix it for K1.7.0 -- lets hope that its ok..

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds