Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Documentation seems to be missing some index or content page links

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by bcraigie
Hi,

Looking for some initial setup information, I arrived at docs.kunena.org/index.php/Main_Page which has information about installation and upgrade etc, but no obvious links to the documents about how to actually configure Kunena.

I happened upon a forum post here that linked me to docs.kunena.org/index.php/Sections%2C_Ca...p_for_special_groups which is ideal, but it seems to be parentless so cannot be found from the main page.

I would have thought it should link off docs.kunena.org/index.php/Forum_Administration but that isn't written yet?

Am I being silly and missing something obvious on the documentation main page?

Sorry if it's a daft question.

Thanks

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, bcraigie, and welcome to Kunena.

Your question is not silly, daft and neither have you missed something obvious. The problem with the lack of documentation is, quite simply, it hasn't been written.

Every person who is a member of this community can write documentation. Yes, it requires a little technical know-how to write Wiki but that shouldn't be an excuse for people not to write something. Even if people don't know how to write "Wiki" they can use other tools (like Open Office of Microsoft Word ... or even good ol' Windows Notepad) and send it to any member of the team and we can put it on the Wiki for you.

Basically, though, you don't require a lot of documentation to configure Kunena. In fact, to be completely honest with you, I only change about three configuration settings and I leave all the others with their default values. But, you know something else? You don't actually have to change any settings at all to make Kunena work for you immediately, straight after you've installed it and, I think, this is something that many people forget. We receive a lot of questions here because people have been too "adventurous" with changing things around instead of working with the standard configuration first and only making changes after they find out what each setting does.

The Wiki main page is not intended to be a comprehensive table of contents. As with everything else contained in the Wiki, it is only meant to be a guide. I mostly navigate through the Wiki by using the search feature.

Yes, I completely agree with you, the documentation Wiki needs to be updated. This is not one person's job; everyone can help. It would be rather nice if a couple of people would offer to do some of that work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds