Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Separating Kunena forum registration from Joomla user manager

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by kenyonjohnston
Is there any possible way that users on my site can register in the forum but NOT the Joomla administration? I don't want forum registrants in the Joomla user manager area. Is there a component, an extension or a couple lines of code that I could use to separate forum registration from Joomla user registration?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by fxstein
Sorry but no. Kunena inherently uses the Joomla user framework.

You can however assign them to different groups and manage them very differently.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, kenyonjohnston, and welcome to Kunena.

I'm just wondering about this: are you saying that all your users somehow have administrator privileges? :unsure:

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by kenyonjohnston
No, forum users have "registered" privileges, I just don't want the names in my Joomla user manager section in the admin.

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled
Thanks for clearing up that doubt in my mind. Yes, as fxstein erotr, you can't have Kunena without Joomla. Sorry.

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by kenyonjohnston
Ok, so there's absolutely no way I can HIDE or redirect all of the forum registrant names from the user manager admin? I just don't want 300 - 400 forum registrants in my user admin area.

Thanks

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
I'm sorry, but I don't think we fully understand the problem that you seem to be having (or worrying about). There is no separation between a Joomla user and a forum user. There is no "Kunena user registration"; there is only your Joomla user registration. Anyone who registers at your website is added into the Joomla user table (jos_users); the Joomla User Manager uses the information from that table. Kunena also uses the information from that table.

kenyonjohnston wrote:

Ok, so there's absolutely no way I can HIDE or redirect all of the forum registrant names from the user manager admin?

It might help to understand what you mean by "user manager admin". The Joomla User Manager displays the names of the people who are registered with your site. Do you understand what we mean?

kenyonjohnston wrote:

I just don't want 300 - 400 forum registrants in my user admin area.

Perhaps you could help us to understand better why this seems to be an important issue for you?

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by kenyonjohnston
There's really no more to understand. You seem to know what I mean because your answer was perfect! All I'm saying is that I didn't want all the users that's registered for the forum to also be listed in the user manager list. But I can see that there's no way around that. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds