Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Search in my forum won't work!

More
14 years 3 months ago #1 by Clausjannic
Hi all
I'be searching a lot for a solution to my problem, bur with no luck!

Somehow the search-function (nor the advanced search) in my forum won't work.
I'm using Joomla 1.5.15 (danish) and Kunena 1.5.7 with Communty Builder as I need some extra fields in the registration. I've tried with some third-party modules, but without finding the solution.

As far as I can see I'm not the only one, but I still haven't found the solution!

Can anyone help me on this topic ot maybe guide me to a third-pary solution?

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
How, specifically, does your search function - including advanced search - not work for you? Perhaps you would like to provide us with a link to your website?

I am using Kunena 1.5.7, Community Builder 1.2.1 and Joomla 1.5.15 on several websites without any of the problems you mentioned.

What "third-party" solution were you hoping for? :dry:

More
14 years 3 months ago #3 by Clausjannic
Hi
The problem is, that no matter whar I'm searching for I'll get no results. I've have a few threads in the forum, but if I t.ex. search for the name of one I know exists - No results!
I've tried with the Minola-plugin ( opensource.miniola.com/ ) - but still no results!

More
14 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
I'm still not sure I understand what you mean. I think the Minola plugin was designed to allow the site search facility to search the Kunena forum (if the forum was installed on your site), however, this seems unnecessary if you're already using the built-in Kunena search function.

Again I ask, with respect to you, can you show us where this function does not work. In other words, what is the URL of your website? We may be able to help you better if we can see what it is that you see.

More
14 years 3 months ago #5 by Clausjannic
Hi again
Sorry - just found out that it was the danish special lettes (æ,ø,å) which was the problem. I have a single thread with no danish letters in it - and it works - strange as I use a danish translation of Kunena.
But thanks for your participation!
Slepp well and best regards :D

Moderators: YxosLittleJohn
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds