Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Cannot integrate CB custom fields to Kunena using cb.simpleboardtab plugin

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by alikris
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : curvy_candy | author: Alison Kristina | version: 2.4 | creationdate: 2010-11-19

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2)

Experience: php: good, HTML: Excellent, CSS: Excellent

Firstly, thank you for an excellent forum software. This is my first time using Joomla & Kunena and I am very impressed.

I have created some custom profile fields in CB. I wish these to be displayed in the user panel in Kunena posts.

I have read the CB integration problems, tried the advice given, Integration plugins are all active and set up properly.

However, even if I delete all the cb.simpleboardtab params in the users sidebar (for example [cb:userfield field="formatname"/]
[cb:userfield field="avatar"/], [cb:userfield field="forumrank"/]) Nothing happens. I'm using the default Kunena template and have changed users profile position from right to left.

Any help or advice you can offer would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Ali.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, alikris, and welcome to Kunena.

I see that you are using J 1.5.20 in legacy mode. While I have your attention, we recommend that you upgrade to J! 1.5.22 and that you disable legacy mode. Please read the important information about legacy mode in the Wiki.

alikris wrote:

I have created some custom profile fields in CB. I wish these to be displayed in the user panel in Kunena posts.

Not all custom profile fields in CB can be displayed in Kunena. It also depends on the mapping you've used in configuring the cb.simpleboardtab plugin for Community Builder. What custom fields did you want to display?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #3 by alikris
Hia, many thanks for your reply, sorry I've not got back to you sooner, I've been trying various things. I'm now updated to the latest Joomla version and have turned off legacy Mode.

It's a national club split into regions and the custom fields are the region the user is in etc. It is vitally important to display these.

Which type of CB custom profile fields can be displayed in Kunena?

. . . Alternatively, can i display the joomla user group (author/editor/etc) As I will be changing the names of the usergroups in the language files.

Many thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by alikris.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled

alikris wrote: Which type of CB custom profile fields can be displayed in Kunena?

That's a question that's better asked at Joomlapolis .

Yes, you can display Joomla user type. Kunena Configuration » Forum Configuration » Plug-ins » Userlist » Show User Type = Yes

Time to create page: 0.801 seconds